Improve load times of the Message Us section

AngusG
Conductor
1 Reply 1474 Views

The Message section is so slow to load! Especially when you get notification of a reply and then have to go and wait for the entire conversation to load (often up to 15-20 seconds). Surely there's a way of caching or preloading the latest message?

I will often put off messaging AGL for support because waiting for this screen to load is just so slow and cumbersome.

5 REPLIES 5
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1469 Views

Hi @AngusG , thanks for the feedback on this! I'll pass it to the Messaging team and check in on whether they're aware of any performance issues currently.

AngusG
Conductor
1 Reply 1467 Views

@David_AGL This isn't a new or current issue, I've been an AGL customer for nearly 3 years and it's always been like this.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1461 Views

@AngusG , I use Message Us myself, and it loaded the feature and my chat history immediately on my phone just now. Perhaps this is something specific to your account or device that we can help troubleshoot.

AngusG
Conductor
1 Reply 1459 Views

@David_AGL What device? I'm using a Pixel 6 but have found it to be the same across various Pixels and other Android phones. It loaded quickly just then but I don't have a conversation going yesterday. I find it's by far the worse when an agent replies to the message, I get the notification and then go into read what the agent has said. Yesterday my screen timed out twice (30 second timeout) waiting for it to load.

It's not something I do frequently, but when I do have an issue, I will actively put off messaging an agent for a week or two because I cannot be bothered waiting for the load times.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1448 Views

@AngusG I'm on a Pixel 3, running Android 12. Certainly sounds odd and worth some more investigation.