Help test version 8.0 of the AGL app - Join our beta program!

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 1857 Views

We're getting ready to release version 8.0 of the AGL app, and we'd love your help with testing out the new features.

Major update - Energy Usage Insights

Gain insights on your usage, be energy efficient, and get energy plan details.

Here's how you can join the AGL app beta program and give us your feedback.

How you can join our app beta program

Thanks to customers like you, we’re finding ways to improve our app by improving the layout and/or fixing bugs. If you’d like to become a part of our beta-testing crew, follow the instructions below.

Here are the steps to become an AGL app beta-tester

iOS

1. Install the TestFlight app on your iOS device

2. Sign up to the AGL app beta program by clicking here: Access Beta

3. You will now be able to use the beta version of the app

iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.

Android

1. Navigate to the Android beta page by clicking here: Access Beta

2. Sign in to your Google account if prompted

3. Select Become A Tester

4. You will now be able to use the beta version of the app.

Android is a trademark of Google LLC.

Ready to provide some feedback?

We’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can make the app better for our customers. To pass along your thoughts, go to the Overview screen in the app and tap on Give feedback. Or, feel free to leave a comment below.

Leaving the beta program

iOS

Go to the AGL app's information page in TestFlight and select Stop testing.

Android

Go to the Access Beta page and select Leave program.

Terms and Conditions

By participating in the app beta program and providing feedback, you grant to AGL a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use and incorporate into its products and services any general suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by you for any purpose.

You acknowledge that the beta versions of our apps are early pre-release versions and may contain bugs, errors or inaccuracies, and may not be available at all times.  The installation and use of a beta version of our apps is done at your own risk.  The AGL online services terms apply to your use of the AGL app and the beta program: https://www.agl.com.au/terms-conditions/online-services.

6 REPLIES 6
gps2119
Conductor
2 Replies 1804 Views

Have I successfully migrated to the Beta App and joined the test plan?

I think the answer should be yes, but I’d like confirmation.

gps2119
Conductor
1 Reply 1803 Views

I’m surprised at being the first to apply.

So here’s the second.

Could you work with Tesla in my case as a priority (but of course you also need to do the same for any other brand battery in your VPP) to develop a comprehensive app for devices and a more detailed and more graphically informative website for not only what is available now from Tesla and others but also takes in direct VPP energy flows in both directions between battery and grid.

Graham

Alakshendra
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1781 Views

You should be able to join the app beta program by:

As an iOS User going to: https://testflight.apple.com/join/UrOOvKw6

As an Android User going to: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/agl.digital.mobile

Version 8 of the app is now also available at: agl.com.au/app

Alakshendra
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1779 Views

We are working on batteries and do offer Electric Vehicle subscription services and continue to explore developing a comprehensive app to help customers electrify homes. Stay tuned for updates in this space. 

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1765 Views

@David_AGL 

Have downloaded the beta 8.

When are the app and web interface going to actually show the correct usage and billing for a day.

Such as Peak Shoulder Offpeak usage and costings for the day.

Not on a demand tariff but is your demand rate shown.

When are you going to update everything so that you can see YESTERDAYS usage not last Wednesday's (two days ago).

When are you going to update the MyUsage file to show the correct meter readings. My meter is read every 5min (not 30).

I have asked this question before, but why are you not supplying the MyUsage file in the industry standard NEM format?

Much easier to extract data from and uses less disk space for storage and is considerably smaller for downloading.

By the way could not find Feedback on the overview page using Android!

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1744 Views

Hi @NeilC , thanks for checking out the app beta. I think most of these questions have been passed through to our product owners previously, so I'll check in with where we're at on them. 

On the question of recent usage, I'm told we're only able to receive the data as we receive it from the distributor, which means a two-day delay. 

@Alakshendra are the instructions on this post still accurate regarding the "Give Feedback" link? Neil says he's unable to see it.