I opted out of the VPP in October But!

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4335 Views

I Paid the pro-rated Opt out charge of $918 out of the $1000 Discount in October well before the due date of 10th November.

And everything was sweet, my Tesla App updated accordingly etc.

Start new billing period 30th October and my Tesla app updates again. My AGL app shows VPP events, My tesla app is telling me that my battery is part of the VPP. I locked my battery to 100% backup only for a test run on several occasions and i wake up just before sun up only to see AGL is pushing 1.7Kw into my battery. I have been testing all of October right up to this date! And I am extremely unhappy.

Now I have had logged AGL VPP events:

Friday 11th November

Wednesday 16th November

Sunday 20th November

Monday 5th December

Tuesday 6th December

Monday 12th December ( Today ) EDITED IN 

But nothing explains the couple of mornings where I have found my battery charging just before Sun Up!

Can somebody shine some light on this ?

I have spoken to the what i believe to be the AGL offshore call centre over the phone and they have confirmed that I am not part of the VPP and "it was taken away" not my words theirs..

Can somebody please tell me what is going on ?

I have banking receipts for the opt out amount along with the invoice which i have triple checked so why is my battery being played with.

I can see what is coming with the upcoming closure of several power stations and I will not allow myself to be caught short when the lights do go out. If the VPP has struck at the wrong time, then I am in a whole lot of trouble with the medications that are refrigerated "this is the only reason I got the battery" My old location was backed up by generator.  

AGL does not have "should not have" control of my battery, and "I refuse to relinquish control of my battery to AGL"

I did not want the damned VPP in the first place.

Regards

John 

5 REPLIES 5
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4303 Views

Hi @John-T,

Thanks for getting in touch. For questions and enquiries regarding VPP and battery installed by AGL, you will need to either call 1300 447 465, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm (AEST), or email SAVPPCustomerSupport@agl.com.au. Our VPP team will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,

Olgi

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4298 Views

Thank you @-Olgi-  

I was transferred to the Battery team and the gentleman I spoke to noted that my previous call a week ago confirmed in notation that I was no longer part of the VPP.

Yet I have had 3 VPP events since then and they can see this so again they are chasing this up and told me just now that they will ensure that I am no longer part of the program.

I will not mark this post as resolved until I get confirmation and can see for myself that I have been removed from the VPP.

Kind Regards

John   

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 4297 Views

Hi @John-T,

Thank you for letting me know.  I'm sure they will fix this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4095 Views

@-Olgi- 

Thank you 🙂

Kind Regards

John

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4090 Views

Hi @John-T,

My absolute pleasure! Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help with your accounts.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-