eSIM Activation

firediy
Conductor
6 Replies 1294 Views

I ordered an eSIM from AGL 12 hours ago and requested a port-out from TPG. The porting process appears to have been successful, and I received an email from TPG confirming this and my service has been cut off.

However, I received a welcome email but noQR code needed to activate my eSIM. It’s now been over a day, and I still have no QR code.

There is no order for activation

There are no pending activation at this time. This could be because you recently submitted an activation request, which is currently being processed, or no further action is required from you to activate your service.

if you've gotten this message in error or are having trouble activating your SIM card

When I log into "My Account," I’m getting an error that prevents me from accessing any further details. My mobile service is currently cut off, leaving me in a difficult spot without a working phone.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and how did you resolve it? Any guidance or support from AGL would be appreciated.

Welcome to AGL

Hi xxx,

Your eSIM has been successfully activated and your new AGL service for mobile number 6146xxxxx is ready to use.

If you have a physical SIM card in your phone, you can now remove it. If you had a previous eSIM, that has now been deactivated and your service has switched over to AGL.

We’ve also sent a confirmation SMS to the above mobile number.

Thanks,
The AGL Team

25 REPLIES 25
Rajanikanth
Conductor
1 Reply 5658 Views

I don't know where in this world would a system take 3days to update and still updating

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1656 Views

@Rajanikanth this does seem to be a longer than expected delay. Could you please send me a private message (click my name), and let me know your mobile account details? I will follow this up.

Rajanikanth
Conductor
1 Reply 1651 Views

Hi @David_AGL it looks like after so many follow-ups, I have got a email response  with the QR code to setup. I will try that out now and see how that goes.

Really appreciate your help and being diligent through out.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1648 Views

@Rajanikanth fingers crossed it's resolved now. Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Cubby81
Switched-on
1 Reply 1355 Views

Hi , I have just signed up to AGL mobile and am waiting for my welcome email with my esim qr code. I haven't received it yet, how long is the wait for this ?

Thanks!

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1350 Views

Hi @Cubby81 - If you signed up for an eSIM specifically, you should receive that welcome email pretty promptly. Have you received it yet? You might also want to confirm the email used on signup and check email spam folders etc.

jusDau
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1126 Views

My wife would like her new mobile to work AGL.

First time dealing with an eSim, new iPhone for the wife.

Got my eSim email with the QR Code. I know how to follow instruction BTW

Scan the code, nothing, unable to add eSim. Tried again, and again, and again.

Try a different way, activate via website, no can do, because it will only list the old physical sim card number.

Oh NO I have to ring. Hello India via IP Phone, she cant hear me, I cant hear her FML

also she seems more concerned with charging me another $10, and doesn't seem to actually be listening.

after 30 mins of Ive done that, yes I know that, don't charge me again, they have promised to send another email.

waiting, waiting, waiting............

BTW I hate Apple.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1108 Views

Hi @jusDau 
I really appreciate you have contacted us in regard to this and I am sorry to hear the service hasn't been activating for you.
We would love to look into this further for you so we can resolve the issue for you.
Please contact us on our live chat platform or call us on 131 245.
In regard to the charges for the mobile plan, we will be able to organize a credit to be applied to the account for the time the service hasn't worked for you.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications

jusDau
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1106 Views

and finally, they have sent another email...

NO it's not a different eSim to try, it's the same one sent again. She definitely wasn't listening.

D.

Sheena_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1104 Views

Hi @jusDau 
We can organize a replacement esim for you which will be a new QR code for the esim but for the same mobile number.
Please contact us and we can organize a replacement for you.
We will also be able to pass on feedback as we should not have sent the same QR code for you.
Thank you, Sheena
AGL Telecommunications