AGL eSim - Cannot send or receive text messages

JasonT
Conductor
3 Replies 3559 Views

Hi,

I've been on the phone daily with AGL since Sunday, trying to get a new eSim up and running. To cut a long story short, the eSim activation was finally completed last night (Tuesday) however I cannot send and receive text messages.

I've called numerous times today to report the issue and am currently on hold. I've been told all sorts of things - the issue is on their end, the issue is on my end, we can't help, no worries it will be fixed in an hour, please call back tomorrow. I've tried resetting my phone (many many times over 12 hours or so) - nothing works.

Does anyone have advice to get this up and running?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
JasonT
Conductor
1 Reply 3553 Views

A quick update:

1. Last night I called and was told by AGL that they would adjust the settings and call me back in 15 minutes - there was no callback

2. Early in the morning I called and reported the issue again, they advised that it would be escalated and resolved and that they would call me to update me on progress - it's the end of the day now and nobody has been in touch

I'm still without text messages, so I cannot access many of my services that require a text message confirmation code.

AGL won't help with issues outside of business hours, so I guess I'll have to call back again in the morning (for the fifth day this week).

JasonT
Conductor
1 Reply 3547 Views

A quick update: Still not resolved, so I called again this morning. AGL is completely unhelpful. No indication of timeframes to resolve. They advised they could call me this afternoon and let me know how things are going. They also advised that AGL has no way of contacting their service department which is responsible for resolving these issues. This is beyond a joke.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 3545 Views

Hi @JasonT, sorry you're having such a frustrating time with this issue. I'll reach out to the appropriate team and try to follow up on what's happening with these callbacks that aren't occurring. Could you please shoot me through your account number on a private message, this will help look into it (click my name).

JasonT
Conductor
0 Replies 3541 Views

Thanks, I've sent my account number.

JasonT
Conductor
0 Replies 3523 Views

A quick update. This is hard to believe but, it has gotten worse. AGL sent me a physical sim to replace the eSim which I activated yesterday afternoon. It has failed to activate. Now, instead of having access to phone calls but no access to text messages, I have nothing - no phone calls, no text messages.

And of course, no update from AGL on the issue. I can be contacted here, via email, but I doubt they have even tried. Any time they have advised they would call me back, or be in touch, they have not. Hopeless!

JasonT
Conductor
1 Reply 3520 Views

I've put another support request through messaging in the app, but of course, they're not available on the weekends. So no support from AGL until Monday...

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 3493 Views

Hi @JasonT - Have you been able to contact AGL Mobile support about this issue today?

I've flagged the issue with your callbacks, but unfortunately I won't be able to resolve your eSIM activation issue myself as I don't have the necessary access. I apologize again for the ongoing frustration with getting this sorted.

JasonT
Conductor
1 Reply 3489 Views

> Hi @JasonT - Have you been able to contact AGL Mobile support about this issue today?

I've been on chat since 7:30am - 5 hours now. The operators helping me have dropped numerous times, resulting in new operators asking the same questions. It's been 2 hours since anyone has responded, and in 5 hours no one has provided any help whatsoever, and the issue still remains.

> I've flagged the issue with your callbacks, but unfortunately I won't be able to resolve your eSIM activation issue myself as I don't have the necessary access. I apologize again for the ongoing frustration with getting this sorted.

As I mentioned above, this is no longer an eSIM activation issue, since I have changed to the physical SIM AGL has provided.

I have been on the phone/chat with AGL for over 7 days, wasting my words and my breath. This is hands down the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 3475 Views

@JasonT - if the issue is still unresolved and you haven't been able to reach support, I encourage you to check out our complaints process. I apologize again that we've dropped the ball on your activation process.