Digital Meter Upgrade

JohnPobiega
Conductor
5 Replies 35403 Views

My premises current have an "Anytime" and a "Controlled Load" meter.
I have been advised of an upcoming digital meter upgrade with a possible tariff change.
My questions are:
1) Will there be 2 digital meters or 1 combined meter?
2) Will Controlled Load be measured separately?
3) What is the likely change of tariff, bearing in mind that tariffs are already expected to change on August 1?

39 REPLIES 39
JohnPobiega
Conductor
0 Replies 3698 Views
I don't have solar so I can't comment, although I would expect that your
solar feed-in should remain unchanged.
As far as "time of use" is concerned...
My Landis+Gyr E355 appears to have "time of use" capability.
However my electricity bill is based on two tariffs, one for Anytime
Use, and one for Controlled Load 1 (or Off-Peak, if you prefer).
The meter switches over to Controlled Load 1 at pre-determined times
(10:00pm-06:00am Sun-Thu; 10:00pm-02:00pm Fri-Sat).
In my case "shoulder" doesn't apply.
Times are Eastern Standard Times (as the meter doesn't recognise
Daylight Saving).
Switching times are slightly different from those previously controlled
by a Ripple Receiver (which was removed as part of the meter changeover).
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3683 Views

Hi @Little,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

Time of Use tariff means that you will get charged for your usage based on when your usage is occurring. This will not interrupt your supply or influence how much Solar you're exporting to the grid.

I'll need to grab your account information to find out times for Peak, Off peak and Shoulder rates for your meter, I'll send you a private message to do this.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Fazelm
Switched-on
1 Reply 3637 Views

If I get a digital meter will my rates change

Whelan-09az
Semiconductor
0 Replies 3635 Views

Is the digital Meter Box installation would how long for installation complete and and would My power be up and running in the job is complete buy the technician

Whelan-09az
Semiconductor
0 Replies 3635 Views

Is my electricity bills are going to be the same rate

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 3617 Views

Hi @Fazelm 

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

By changing your meter from basic meter to digital meter, your tariff will likely change which will means that your rates will change as well. We can give you more information on what that will look like, once we can look into your account. I'll send you a private message to grab some details from you.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

jetuckerman
Switched-on
1 Reply 3451 Views

The moment I got solar installed my tariff was changed from any time to time of day. The letter I got said I could call and switch it back but when I tried I was told that they wouldn't be able to due to "Victorian government regulations" which is actually a lie. The ombudsman states that we are entitled to either tariff regardless and are legally able to choose which one. I've since requested switching providers who have assured me that I will be able to switch back to a flat rate tariff as soon as my account is activated with them. AGL are such a rip off in this regard.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3432 Views

Hi @jetuckerman, Welcome to neighbourhood.

That is true, if your basic meter was on a general usage tariff then the smart meter can also be placed onto general usage. I'm sorry you were misinformed when you called in. If you are looking to get it changed still, please reach out to us here so that we can arrange that for you.

Thanks,
Mark.

jaydee
Conductor
0 Replies 3182 Views

Hi John thanks for your help,I just want to understand if I can read the new digital meter to check see that I am getting the solar amount transferred to grid,any way I can read the new metre,the previous system let me see all movements in the system on a daily basis ,kw usage controlled load (I have a solar H/W system) and current amount at time my solar distribution o the grid,this new system seem to hide the truth,even though on the APP I get their version,,many thanks for any info cheers Jack Discombe

Rody
Switched-on
0 Replies 2855 Views

I'm I on night taffic still my reading for it is high since the new meter upgrade