CL costs more than general usage as of july 1 2023

pcp20us
Semiconductor
1 Reply 777 Views

ON the latest price increase as of 1 july 2023. General usage is increasing to $27.55 and CL is increasing to $27.74 (gst incl).

Why is CL costing more than G.usage.

Why has the price been narrowing of the last years when CL is in off peak times. CL use to be about half the price of G.usage rates...

What is the point off CL if it costs more than G.usage and is it time to remove CL if its costs people more.

3 REPLIES 3
_Mark_
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 757 Views

Hi @pcp20us. The main difference between controlled load and general usage is that CL is only supplied electricity at certain times, rather than all the time, so even if the actual rate is higher due to the price change factors, it would probably still be better for you than moving it to the general usage meter. Thanks- Mark.

pcp20us
Semiconductor
1 Reply 755 Views

How can it still probably be better if the rate is more expensive??

And control load ( off peak) should be a cheaper rate. IT always has been and everything I read tell me so.

Do n't know if your from AGL or a forum user Mark, but this did nt really answer any part of my question.

Cheers

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 739 Views

I'm sorry to hear that, if you want to discuss it further, I'm more than happy to send you a private message so I can look into your account! Thanks- Mark.