Usage and Cost Snapshot

12MyrtleSt
Switched-on
1 Reply 82 Views

Dear AGL,

I find your use of the wording "On average you're spending more per day on your energy than this bill period last year".

AGL only focus on the $ value, that has INCREASED by 22% in twelve months, but does NOT point out that my energy consumption has dropped by near 9% on the same period last year.

Then in theory my bill has increased by over 30% as compared to the same period last year, and what has changed...nothing.

I still get the same service using the same physical infrastructure that has been in place for well over 50 years and NO clear plan for any future reduction in energy cost.

No, it's not Government that should be providing rebates or tax concessions to energy companies making massive profit and not reinvesting into the future and providing cost affective energy, regardless of what they say, but are doing nothing.

Energy companies have had a VERY long time to prepare for these changes due to environmental issues, and have done nothing, other than **bleep** the Australian public to prop up their profits in preparation for the coming changes, and when that happens they may drop their energy price by 0.5%, and tell us how generous they are!!

Just once, try and be honest about how you conduct your business.

Think about this, what would happen if every Australian united and stopped paying their energy bills in protest.

Don't smile, it could happen!!

1 REPLY 1
Caban
Stellar
0 Replies 79 Views

[Tony Jones Voice] We will take that as a comment [/Tony Jones Voice]