AGL nbn take days to reconnect after modem switched off

Lucus
Switched-on
4 Replies 2974 Views

Every time the wifi modem gets turned off it takes days before I’m able to get another internet connection and yes I’ve tried unplugging it for 30 seconds and reset if the modem, starting to regret signing up to AGL internet 

5 REPLIES 5
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2952 Views

@Lucus have you been in touch with support about this? How often are you switching your modem off?

Nuella
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2911 Views

Had the same issue with them just today. I accidentally switched off the power outlet from my modem. And when I turned it on after a minute I was lost my connection. I tried resetting and doing trouble shooting but still failed to connect. The dsl light is blinking and no green light in my internet. Their tech support will just waste your time and looks like they dont know what they are doing. On the first 2 weeks of changing to AGL, I have not been able to use my internet due to their modem issues but they charged me with a whole month of fees which is really unfair. I tried calling tech support and said they will deduct 18dollars from my monthly fees which is not even half of what I pay monthly. I am so disappointed on how they handle customers. They should explain why their tp link modem is unable to connect to internet after beinf unplugged. 

Nuella
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2910 Views

Have you switched to any internet providers yet?

Edilson
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2884 Views

My internet always goes bad when I turn off the modem, it takes days for it to work again, I even manage this without turning off the internet whenever it's night time the internet is bad, it doesn't load anything, I want to cancel

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 2873 Views

Hi @Edilson  - Looks like a few people have experienced disruptions after resetting their modem, sorry to hear you've encountered the same problem. I'd suggest getting in touch with support about this. Similarly, if you do decide to cancel, you'll need to get in touch with us via those options.