Electric Hot Water System - Boiling time?

JC1127
Switched-on
2 Replies 21806 Views

Does anyone able to tell me what’s the time my Electric Hot Water will boil the water? I keep running out of hot water at night after 2-3 shower with a family size of 4.

(p.s) My water tank size is around 1.5m high, not small one. Live in Hurstville (2220).

7 REPLIES 7
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 21787 Views

Hi JC1127,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming you have a 'Controlled Load' register at your property, then your water will heat at one of the following times depending on your configuration: 

• Controlled load 1 - Available for a 6 hour period usually between 10pm and 7am.
  • Controlled load 2 - Available for a 16 hour period each day, including at least 6 hours usually between 8pm and 7am and at least 4 hours usually between 7am and 5pm.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Ktb241
Switched-on
0 Replies 21290 Views

Hi AGL,

i have solar panels and would like to run the controlled power for my hot water heater during the day, is that possible please?

Thanks

Kate

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 21288 Views

Hi Ktb241,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Unfortunately the time of your Controlled Load supply are set by distributor, so these can not be altered. If you require more hot water throughout the day, you may benefit from changing to Controlled Load 2 which'll supply your Controlled Load during night and day.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Ktb241
Switched-on
0 Replies 21286 Views

Solved, thank you

Leoyer49
Switched-on
0 Replies 21084 Views
@MyFirstPremierCard wrote:

Hi JC1127,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming you have a 'Controlled Load' register at your property, then your water will heat at one of the following times depending on your configuration: 

• Controlled load 1 - Available for a 6 hour period usually between 10pm and 7am.
  • Controlled load 2 - Available for a 16 hour period each day, including at least 6 hours usually between 8pm and 7am and at least 4 hours usually between 7am and 5pm.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Many thanks for that complete information!

Leannn992
Switched-on
0 Replies 17858 Views

Hi, I got the same problem, how can I know that hours, is possible to choose that times? I'm from Argentina, and works totally different. I'm really confused. Any help should be awesome. Thanks! 

Jules15
Switched-on
0 Replies 5136 Views

would they change this setting without us knowing.
We had issues over 12 months ago they reset it we updated to the electronic meter and also put in a new hot water system. 
Now it’s running out again and we are using less water than before.