Over the top bills

laterron
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1044 Views

I feel for those with large families and having to pay for these ridiculously high electricity bills. 

I live by myself and work more than I am home and nearly died when my bill was $700.

I had the house rewired last year in the hopes that would help reduce my bill. (In case the old wire had 'leakage')

I have a fridge, electric hot water service, my clock radio next to my bed and the fluorescent light on in the kitchen that is all.  Nothing else is turned on. Air conditioner is used when absolutely necessary and only for up to 3 hours max. 

My bill for the same time last year has gone up over $200 a quarter. 

This has to be a f ing joke right?

The bill may not seem to be high to some, but I'd rather sit in the dark than waste my hard earned on overpriced electricity. 

The amount I've been charged is out of hand for what I'm using. 

Like i said, I feel for those who pay so much more. 

They ought to be ashamed for charging so much. But they'll sleep just fine

3 REPLIES 3
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1018 Views

Hi Laterron, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

We appreciate your concern with the increase of your electricity bills, you can find energy saving tips on our website - https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/energy/financial-support-and-customer-assistance/customer-assist...

We can also take a look at your energy plan to ensure it is best suited to your circumstances, please contact us so that one of our Customer Service Representatives or Webchat agents can assist you. You can find how to contact us via - www.agl.com.au/contact-us

Kind Regards, 

Natalie 

laterron
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1017 Views

Hi

I can't do any more to save electricity. I've done everything I can and more. I walk around in the dark for gods sake. 

What plans are those?

There are only 3 plans presented to me and two are to do with solar. ??

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1002 Views

Hi @laterron

I'll send you a private message and get some details from you so we can compare your energy plan. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie