Bill adjustments

Richard48
Conductor
2 Replies 1724 Views

I received an email  from AGL on 15/4 advising an adjustment for usage of $129.99. I rang the customer contact number 131245 on 16/4 and asked for details of the reason for the adjustment and calculations. I recd a response on 17/4  which does not answer my request. I have now recd the latest bill which shows adjustments spanning 8 months and totaling $366.79. 

Today I have used the online help portal and again requested full and detailed explanation of the actual reason for the adjustments and the supporting calculations. The note on the bills offers only several possible explanations and no supporting information.  

The online portal has referred me back to the 131 245 number and states "As per the notes on your account. 
We have been asked to advise you that meter is being investigated and will be upgraded, found to have major faults
if it does have faults then bills will be revisited and re adjusted as well. I would request you to please reach out to our calling team at 131 245, as only they can give you more information regarding this."

It is interesting to note the information in the following link. 

https://www.aer.gov.au/news/articles/news-releases/aer-takes-action-against-agl-not-promptly-fixing-...

Has anyone else had similar problems?

12 REPLIES 12
Richard48
Conductor
0 Replies 256 Views

Thankyou Spaceboy

I have found similar advice online.  I will have one last crack at getting a response from AGL by trying to contact their "Disputes Resolution Team".  Otherwise I will submit a complaint to the Ombudsman as advised by the Australian Energy Regulator.  

May help others if we update this dialogue as and when and if we make progress.

gosha
Semiconductor
0 Replies 226 Views

Hi Richard,

I assume the energy supplier has agreed that your meter has a fault or two.

I think the energy supplier should investigate the fault & rectify, and tell you what the fault is.

Applying an adjustment for usage of $129.99 seems to be an arbitrary decision, not based on evidence.

It's not your fault that a meter has a fault. You would not be one that goes around tampering with meters. 

My own meter has run normally for more than 30 years. If there will be a time when it is unreliable then I will upgrade.

I assume only an expert can advise when a meter is faulty.

It maybe time for you to look at maintenance and ask the energy supplier to prove the adjustment is required due to a faulty meter reading or readings.

gosha
Semiconductor
0 Replies 226 Views

Thanks Space Boy

I've got my first AGL bill.

The end reading is greater than the start reading.

It states they physically identified my meters (2) and read them prior to the bill issue. 

All good here.