Way to upload my meter reading.

cebyeb
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1421 Views

I have spent all day trying to get someone to answer me on the AGL chats. Twice I was disconnected when I didn't realise someone had come on after waiting more than a half hour to speak to someone. My question is why has no one sent me an email or given me an email address to upload my meter reading? I tried to do it through the app and it said there was an error so wouldn't let me, I was supposed to upload it to AGL but have no way to do it. 

4 REPLIES 4
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1413 Views

@cebyeb 

If you have a smart meter you cannot upload a meter reading as this is handled by the meter its-self.

If you log onto the app and click on the "message us" icon you will start a chat,  then click tap to start chatting, where its says Ask a question "enter upload a meter reading" and you will be given instructions on how to do it.

If you have a smart meter the options are not available when you try to find the link.

But if you want to, you can then, enter "need to chat" and you will be prompted to continue...

If using the Web My Usage page.

The process is the same click on chat (bottom right)  and do the same as above...

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
cebyeb
Semiconductor
1 Reply 1408 Views
That wasn't my question. I don't want to upload the electricity reading I
wanted to upload the meter reading for my AGL gas account.
I have tried to do it through the website and the AGL App, but I there
isn't an option to that works in either case. I have spent 3 hours over 2
days on the phone until I finally got out through to Sarah in the
resolution center. She has put a hold on my gas account direct debit until
August 17th, so the billing department can change the estimate to the
actual gas meter reading. When corrected it should be close to $400
difference in my favour.
I think it is pathetic that there isn't an active email address for AGL
customers that will allow you to contact an AGL Support or Resolution
person without having to wait for hours on the phone.
Hopefully they will sort this out before I have to put a stop on the direct
debit.
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 1406 Views

@cebyeb 

Look up contact us and you will find a way to do that /https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us

You can click on the link and it will start a new web page for you.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
cebyeb
Semiconductor
0 Replies 1388 Views

Thanks for the contact page, but there is still no way to email AGL.  I wonder if all this discussion isn't just AI generated.

No real answers to anything.

Thankfully my last phone call to AGL got the job done. They have sent me a revised bill, so now I am able to let the direct debit go ahead. The revision saved me $370 for this past 2 months. A lot of money, so I'm glad it has been resolved. But unfortunately this AGL community forum hasn't been much help with the problem as all you have been able to do is direct me to contact info that I already had and have used. My only real question is why customers can't directly contact AGL by email to upload meter readings? Seem like that should be a simple solution, instead of having to navigate a raft of other pages.

I have made a note of the location in the AGL app as to where to put in the meter reading in for future reference, but they just have to take my word for it. There is still nowhere in the app to upload the photographic evidence of the meter reading.

I will not need a further reply to this post.