Plan issues

KC1
Switched-on
1 Reply 68 Views

I have a gas and electricity plan with agl. I have been in the same property for 8 years.  It is a residential property.  No problem with the gas account but for some reason the electricity account was determined to be a business premises so was on a business saver account.  I tried to resolve this a year or so ago and was moved to a new account.  Recently I received notice that I had requested to move house (I had not) and was given a new account for electricity.  This month I received a final bill for the previous account.  This month I also received another notice that I have requested to move again (no request from me) and would be moving on to yet another plan for electricity.  This is slightly alarming and confusing.  Wondering if others have experienced similar issues.  Is this some kind of scam or a system issue?

1 REPLY 1
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 52 Views

Hi KC1, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. This is not something that occurs normally and needs to be investigated further to resolve this once and for all. Instances like this happens when a neighboring property signs up with an energy retailer providing your property's meter details. This could range anywhere from the meter being labelled incorrectly, incorrect meter details in the national database etc. I will send you a private message shortly to discuss further. Cheers, Deepesh