Gas bill is incorrect

Alan2
Switched-on
1 Reply 419 Views

Hi

My name is Alan Gray and the account number is [account number removed]

The gas bill on a deceased estate that I am managing is clearly incorrect.  There is no one living in the house and from a bill for the previous period of $38.01 it has gone to $1,200.84 for this period which is clearly and demonstrably wrong.

It seems that the error occurred with a claimed reading of '0' on 29 Mar where 2 days earlier on 27 Mar the stated reading was '882'.  Two weeks later on 11 Apr the stated reading is again 882  

So you should have charged from a reading of 882 as at 27 Mar to the final reading on 25 May of 928.01 but instead you have charged from 0 on 29 Mar to 982.01

Please see below:

Alan2_0-1685164020649.png

This is very frustrating.  More so because viewing the bill the mistake is so obvious but when I called and spoke to customer resolutions the attitude I encountered was very discourteous and unhelpful.   I was just bluntly told "if that's what the meter says then the charge is correct"  

Please be advised that I am taking a copy of this message in case I have to progress a complaint to the ombudsman EWON

Can you please get back to me as soon as possible.

[private details removed]

1 REPLY 1
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 413 Views

Hi @Alan2

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

I've removed your account number from your message to protect your security and privacy, as this is a public forum. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details from you so that I can help sort this out for you.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-