Gas bill WAY too high

Hannahc_100
Switched-on
2 Replies 1092 Views

Hi there,

we have noticed an incredibly high increase in our gas bill recently. We are billed bi monthly. Our first two proper bills when we moved into this rental property in Sept last year we’re fine, averaging at $100 per month. Then from Feb-Apt it jumped to $543 for two months! We had a gas inspection and found there was a slight leak which has since been fixed. We also reduced our usage of the ducted heating and we only use gas for cooling occasionally. We are a household of 2 adults and 2 small children so normal shorts showers and bath each night to account for heated water. We expected the next bill (Apr-Jun) to be back on track but our bill received today is now $712!!! I fear it is an issue with the ancient meter that is connected to the house. Can someone from AGL come and check this as this sort of usage is not consistent with the use of the gas appliances we have at the house!

2 REPLIES 2
-Nam-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1074 Views

Hi @Hannahc_100, welcome to the AGL Neighbourhood! 

We'd certainly need to review your meter readings with you, I'll send you a private message so we can look into it with you. 

-Nam- 

scp5000
Switched-on
0 Replies 720 Views

SAME HERE! ITS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING AND  ID BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF IF I WORKED FOR THESE LOW LIFE SCUM.