Electricity Disconnection

2 Replies 128 Views


I want to disconnect my electricity account and therefore need a meter reading. How do I that easily without going through numerous links that go nowhere. Thank you.

I am moving out on 28 April 2024.

AGL Moderator
0 Replies 125 Views

Hi Connected,


Thank you for reaching out.


We have a number of options available, you can call us or use our webchat service to name a few.


Please browse our website to find the most suitable for you https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us.


Kind regards,



0 Replies 81 Views

To easily get a final meter reading to disconnect your electricity account when moving out on April 28, 2024, follow these steps:


  • Locate your electric  meter, which is usually located outside your home near the service line entrance.
  • Take a clear photo or write down the meter reading numbers displayed on the meter. Make sure to note the date (April 28, 2024) when you take the reading. Doglikesbest
  • Contact your electricity provider's customer service directly by phone. Look for the customer service number on your recent bill or the provider's website.
  • Explain to the customer service representative that you need to disconnect your service and provide a final meter reading for your move-out date of April 28, 2024.
  • Provide them with your account information, service address, and the meter reading you documented on April 28th.
  • They will likely ask for your forwarding address to send the final bill, so have that information ready as well.
  • Confirm the date you want the service disconnected (April 28, 2024) and any other necessary details they request.


By calling the customer service line directly, you can avoid navigating through multiple website links that may lead nowhere. The representative should be able to guide you through the process of submitting the final meter reading and disconnecting your account efficiently.


If you have any trouble reaching the right department or submitting the reading over the phone, you can visit the provider's local office in person with your move-out information and meter reading.