"It looks like your solar system is active"

BandK
Switched-on
1 Reply 1286 Views

I know the intention is to be helpful, thank you, however the advice, in our current case at least, is inaccurate.

A view of our usage shows immediately that there has been no solar input recorded since Friday 2 June last week whereas currently (Friday 9 June) the message remains. So question is what process is behind the generation of this message? It would appear that the customer's actual solar feed-in data is not used so whatever source is would appear to be incorrect. Solar is a bit like superannuation - you set and forget with only periodic checks lol - and if someone on holiday away from home was logging in to say pay their account an accurate advice that it is not working gives them the option to contact a family member or neighbour (so many of ours have solar now) to reset it. With the increased tariffs the loss of solar feedin even for a couple of days can be a significant issue. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1272 Views

Hi @BandK,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

Your solar status helps in monitoring your solar systems performance and to diagnose any issues with your solar. You status changes from Green to Amber status with a message 'Your system may need attention', if the system has exported less energy to the grid than expected over the last 7 days. This does not necessarily mean that your system is under-performing. an amber status can be triggered because you have increased household consumption of solar and there is less left over to export.

As day to day export can vary due to changes in consumption, changing status day to day, would create too much confusion for customers hence a consistent 7 day decrease is used as an indicator that there may be potential problem with solar system. 

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Carly13
Switched-on
1 Reply 1249 Views

Hi Olgi, I recently received an email saying my solar was active - however we don't have a solar system. How could this have occured?

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1236 Views

Hi @Carly13,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

We would need to look into your account to see why you've been sent this email. I'll send you private message to grab your account details from you. 

Kind Regards, 

-Olgi-