Self Meter Read not accepted following estimated read by AGL

oldtimer
Switched-on
1 Reply 1423 Views

I recently changed over to AGL.  My first bill was estimated.  I took my own meter reading for accuracy and tried to enter it at the website, My estimated (OFF PEAK) read was 020966,  but the actual reading I took was 020789, because that reading was well below the estimated read prior the website will not allow me to submit it. So how do I submit the actual meter reading for accuracy or if estimated reads continue will this never be rectified?

5 REPLIES 5
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 1411 Views

Hi @oldtimer,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

If your meter read is not accepted automatically, we'll send you an email requesting a photo of the meter to be sent to us, which you can do by responding to that email. If you're still having issues with it, please do not hesitate to contact us here again or via our website.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

oldtimer
Switched-on
1 Reply 1400 Views
Hi Olgi,

Thank you for your quick rsponse, I went on AGL's chatroom and they
sorted it out for me very quickly, most impressed,

THank You
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1394 Views

Hi @oldtimer,

Thank you for letting me know. So happy to hear that was resolved for you quickly. Feel free to contact us any time, if you have any further questions regarding your account.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

Balmain
Switched-on
1 Reply 826 Views

Hello,

My meter read is not being accepted. I've been on the chat, sent the photo and it's been 45minutes.

Can you please let me know how I can email the photo to someone so that the meter read is updated. The current error message I get is that the meter read is too high or too low.

Regards,

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 798 Views

Hi @Balmain unfortunately we don't have a direct email to send meter reads to, but we do have a reply email we can generate if your read is not being accepted.
I'm going to reach out via private message to get your meter reading, I will input it in our system, and if it is rejected there will be an email we will send that you can reply with a photo of your meter for manual review.

Kind regards,

Xander