Solis inverter - Ginlong data logger

Comet
Semiconductor
6 Replies 51642 Views

Hi

We have just had a solar system installed. It came with a Ginlong data logger wifi stick that I have set up according to the instructions. When I am logged into the data logger via wifi the status says that it is connected and when I test the connection on the server page it seems to be all good.

I have set up an account on Ginlongmonitoring.com and entered the details of the data logger. According to the website my data logger is offline. I have tried different settings with the data logger setup without having any luck. Is there a trick to setting it up properly that I am missing? I have done a bit of Googling and the only negative thing I have read about the data logger is that it can lose it's wifi connection easily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
Fay
Semiconductor
1 Reply 38369 Views

I too have recently tried to connect to the Ginlong data logger without success. Can AGL please provide some support (a guide that is user friendly in english rather than fractured english) to help me connect and gain access to my PV data. I need a better guide to enable me to connect via an Apple Mac and PC.  

Comet
Semiconductor
2 Replies 38365 Views

Hi Fay

My data logger turned out to be faulty. AGL replaced it free of charge. The replacement is working brilliantly. If you run through the setup wizard and are still having problems I suggest you contact them. 

Cheers 

Brian

Peter3991
Conductor
1 Reply 38254 Views

See if this helps you out     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F0aGeTOYw8

Comet
Semiconductor
0 Replies 38252 Views

Thanks Peter. AGL replaced the data logger a few months back and it has worked perfectly since then.

Fay
Semiconductor
1 Reply 38205 Views

Thanks for your help, my data logger looks like it is faulty. I haven't been able to log onto it after many attempts. I will ask AGL for a replacement

Fay
Semiconductor
0 Replies 37844 Views

Hi Everyone, I got some help with the Ginlong Wifi and I have been able to set the system up and log onto the Ginlong monitoring website but the system says it is 'loading' but no data is shown on the site. What do I do next? 

tewnion
Switched-on
1 Reply 37126 Views

I'm having the same issue, just tried setting it up but says it's offline, light on the stick is red, anything I should be checking? Have contacted the company who sold me it.

benpaddlejones
Switched-on
2 Replies 36758 Views

My data logger appears to be working fine but I also notice it now glows red, appears to be a red LED inside the logger. Did you get a response from Ginlong?

Peter3991
Conductor
1 Reply 36729 Views

Hi benpaddlejones

Yes my data logger also glows red as well, does appear to be a LED keepalive in the unit to show its still transmitting data to the mothership