Unexpected SMS - Has AGL been compromised?

suter
Conductor
1 Reply 272 Views

Around 2024-03-17 18:21 Australia/Sydney, I received the following SMS from "AGLTELCO". I ported to AGL Telecommunications in 2023, and haven't made any changes so far in 2024.  This SMS in March is therefore unexpected and of concern.

Your AGL Telco Direct Debit is all set up. For any questions, visit agl.com.au/telcosupport or call us on 131 245. Thanks, AGL Team

Has anyone else gotten a similar SMS, or otherwise know what's happening?

PS: I've tried chatting with AGL, but I didn't get an answer. I called 131 245, but they're not taking calls. I'd email, but I can't find an email address...

3 REPLIES 3
Nsmi
Switched-on
1 Reply 267 Views

I also received this message, then just recently received an email saying my direct debit was set up with all the same details from previous 

The thing is I ported out of agl nbn at least 12 months ago to another company and have not been a customer since - very concerning 

suter
Conductor
1 Reply 264 Views

I'll try to call on Monday and see if I can get an answer from AGL...

suter
Conductor
0 Replies 254 Views

I called AGL on 131 245, and they said that there was a some kind of mistake on their side. Identical SMSs were sent to almost 12,000 current and former customers. They said that the SMSs are not any cause for concern, and that AGL shall be sending "corrective communications" shortly, that is, another SMS.