Re: e-Sim support

ko
Semiconductor
1 Reply 3436 Views

Hi David, I am having a similar experience to GKW. I received my AGL Sim card on Friday and as soon as I got home I called AGL to convert it to a eSIM, this process was rather quick and easy which was great, and I received the welcome email. When I scanned the QR code it began loading the eSIM profile onto my iPhone, the settings were updated and it just said "activating" I left it like this for about 10 minutes and it eventually failed with an error saying "unable to activate eSIM". Now when I try to scan the QR it just immediately pops up with that message: "unable to activate eSIM - You can try again or contact your service provider"

7 REPLIES 7
ko
Semiconductor
2 Replies 3435 Views

IMG_2174.jpg

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 3425 Views

Hi @ko sorry to hear you're having issues getting your eSim up and running - have you been in touch with support about this yet (aside from the initial activation)? That would be the first step to getting this sorted out.

dilanmongar
Switched-on
1 Reply 3260 Views

I'm Having the same issue as well.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 3256 Views

Sorry to hear that @dilanmongar - if you've already tried restarting your phone, usually a call to support is the best way to sort these activation issues out.

kristie
Switched-on
1 Reply 3216 Views

I got this aswell AFTER they ported my number without my consent. then after a few days and ALOT of phone calls i finally requested 3 times for a physical sim that was sent to the wrong address. New sim has finally arrived and it wouldnt activate ( the wrong sim number was in the activation section online) so again I call... stated activation would take 2 hours. well here I am 16 hours later still without a phone! this company is beyond a joke but yet theyre still happy to tell me i have a bill in a few days! not happy AT ALL 

Jordan3
Switched-on
1 Reply 1569 Views

I have a similar issue, Telstra reported my number however the eSIM from AGL failed to activate a number of times.

After many chats and calls, they sent me the same email with the same QR code, still failed to activate. I’ve had no phone for 24 hours, and was told I’d be sent a new eSIM (tried to charge me $10 for it) and it will take another 48 hours. So that will be 3 days without a working phone number. 
I'm a brand new who has switched electricity, gas, NBN and mobile to AGL. Happy with the other services so far but not happy with the mobile support. 

Hannah_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1562 Views

Hi @Jordan3 

Once you scan the ESIM QR code, if it has any issues activating, please get in touch with us by calling 13 12 45 or via chat through the app or website. 

Kind Regards,

Hannah