Digital Meter Upgrade or Not

op9
Conductor
1 Reply 2096 Views

Greetings
I just wonder: 
(1). If upgrading to the Digital meter will prevent me from switching to another supplier/retailer e.g. AGL to ORIGIN etc. and vice versa? Are there any switching costs? Can you please advise / confirm? is the information available on the AGL website?
(2). I don't have solar panels, will it cost me more with the Digital meter based on my current usage ( existing analog meter)? and by how much (max)?
(3)  will it cost me to have  the Digital meter installed later rather than the scheduled date,23 March 2023?
Kind regards,
Oanh.
1 REPLY 1
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2080 Views

Hi @op9,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood. Digital meter will likely change your tariff to either Demand or Time of Use which means that your current rates will change. How this impacts your bills depends on when most of your usage is occurring.

Having smart meter doesn't limit your ability to change retailers. If you're wanting to know more about the process of changing the meter and the costs involved, please contact our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm (AEST) and they'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-