Energy Meters and Connections

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Compensation Claim

Switched-on

We were without power at our new rental property for 3 days due to a scheduling issue with the connection. I was informed by an AGL team member that I could claim compensation for the inconvenience and any losses. The form I have been sent is for a retailer. Is there one for private residences?

Thank you kindly

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

AGL Moderator

Hi mwood,

Thank you for your post!

Please be advised that our compensation forms can be used by both our residential customers. We'll ask you to complete this form with as much detail as possible, and return it using our contact details also printed on the form!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Can I get compensation for lost money in my account 

Switched-on

I lost money in my account were agl debit me $415 were it wasn't authorised to take that much out of my account i paid $185 on Tuesday and I ask to set up a direct debit from my account every fortnight but when I check my account to see how much I have left I was shocked to see agl debit me $415 were it wasn't authorised to take that amount out of my account I had money in my account of $70 to go to work this morning but I can go because of a debit error so can I get compensation from this

AGL Moderator

Hi Jonesy4011! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

I am sorry to hear that, I can imagine that would be quite stressful. 

As I am sure you can appreciate, these circumstances are assessed on a case by case basis, so we will need to review your account specifically. 

You can touch base via the AGL App or AGL My Account and chat with our Resolutions team. 

Thank you 
Ellen