Plan comparison

Rowdy1961
Superconductor
3 Replies 725 Views

I called AGL 3 times over last 12 months. Each time I called I changed plans to a cheaper plan. 

I am looking at the AGL comparison tool which is useless. There is no comparison and my Senior plan isn't even listed.Havkng all these different plans and different rates is very deceptive.

AGL needs to look after their customers much better. They dont even try. I am looking elsewhere as the government comparison tool says there are better electricity rates with other retailers.

5 REPLIES 5
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 710 Views

Hello @Rowdy1961

Thank you for your feedback. 

Our energy plans can change from time to time, and we are required to speak with you directly to update the plan to ensure we are meeting regulatory requirements; however, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.  

You most likely are unable to see your current plan listed when comparing it with new plans as it may no longer be available. 

We can always check to see if you are receiving the maximum benefit by reviewing your energy plan.  If you would like us to review your plan, please feel free to reach out. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie 

Pinkwuss
Semiconductor
0 Replies 676 Views

i would be checking current plans with Powershop or better still go via One big switch current offer to switch is excellent

AND 20% OFF REFERNCE PRICES check that against agl and origin and no i dont work for either

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 663 Views

Check my 2nd reply on this thread (you possibly already saw this thread, but just in case . . .)

https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/Energy-Accounts-Plans/Seniors-Saver-Plan/m-p/38015/highlight/tru... 

The reply below that notes my comparisons here in metro Adelaide SA, but you need to compare your location / address . metering on the property to see what offers you get.

All states are vastly different in tariffs, and addresses are quoted based on meterage there, single rate, TOU, or demand.

Oh, and not sure what Natalie was on about above, you can click on ANY of the plans and change instantly from your logged in account.

Rowdy1961
Superconductor
1 Reply 613 Views

Natalie 

Do you work for AGL as the Seniors saver's plan is listed only if you Google the plan. Why is it hidden ?

https://www.agl.com.au/residential/energy/compare-plans/energy-offer?webid=SENIORS

1000037676.jpg

It is also listed on the NSW government seniors card website 

https://www.nsw.gov.au/community-services/seniors-card/deals-discounts/seniors-energy-offers

1000037675.jpg

The Seniors Saver plan is supposed to be the best rate for Seniors card holders yet I was moved off this plan by AGL to your Value Savers Plan and later moved back to the Seniors Saver plan.

I am well and truly over the confusion, disrespect and ripoff treatment by Electricity retailers. To be charging such outrageous rates, the highest in the G20 countries, yet AGL continues to report increasing profits to the ASX. This is extortionate treatment.

Then to misrepresent to your Senior customers this Senior saver plan as your best rate. Most seniors are not in the position to check best rated, but are struggling to survive in this current economic crisis. But to see such businesses repeatedly reporting ever increasing profits, yet forcing the elderly to sit in unhealthy conditions because they cannot afford to heat or cool their homes is inhuman.

How has this happened in a country that has always enjoyed some of the world cheapest electricity prices. It is not only effecting the whole Australian community, but destroying our business's, manufacturers and our whole economy. 

There can be no excuse when comparing ASX profit reported by electricity retailers and wholesalers such as AGL.

1000037677.jpg

Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 603 Views

@Rowdy1961 yes power pricing is getting way too confusing, and not easy to check, especially if one is on TOU metering.

You can't simply go and see your readings between bills, read your own meter, and see the figures are what's on the bill.

Too many plans between the myriad of retailers, differing metering with single, TOU, and demand, then there are options like offers to participate in, shifting supply charges vs tariffs, all seemingly there to confuse the majority.

Remember when you have a single rate, possibly with a CL for HWS, one simple supply charge, and that was it ?

Everyone was on the same pricing with residential power.

"yet AGL continues to report increasing profits to the ASX" and sadly this is what happens when GOVCOs sell essential services, most utilities now in private hands, bought by companies that must always be improving profits, shareholder dividends, increasing share prices, not to mention often obscene CEO and upper management salaries and bonuses that could make any normal wage earner weep . . . worse for seniors struggling with the extraordinary cost of living increases of the past several years.

GOVCOs relentless push for shutting down baseload power is also not helping, too soon before we are fully ready for renewables. 

We sell of our LNG to overseas interests for peanuts, and no royalties paid, while Aussies pay premium for it, when this could be reserved for cheap baseload when / where needed, and keep our power generation costs / retail costs where they should be, low for all Australians.

What's the answer ? Who knows.

We are a capitalist society that has perhaps lost sight of quality of life, every important aspect of our society that is now in trouble is also tied to greed.

Keep your chin up, prepare for worse to come, and try to have a plan B.