Join our app beta program and help improve the AGL app!

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
3 Replies 24193 Views

How you can join our app beta program

Thanks to customers like you, we’re finding ways to improve our app by improving the layout and/or fixing bugs. If you’d like to become a part of our beta-testing crew, follow the instructions below.

Here are the steps to become an AGL app beta-tester

iOS

1. Install the TestFlight app on your iOS device

2. Sign up to the AGL app beta program by clicking here: Access Beta

3. You will now be able to use the beta version of the app

iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.

Android

1. Navigate to the Android beta page by clicking here: Access Beta

2. Sign in to your Google account if prompted

3. Select Become A Tester

4. You will now be able to use the beta version of the app.

Android is a trademark of Google LLC.

Ready to provide some feedback?

We’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can make the app better for our customers. To pass along your thoughts, go to the Overview screen in the app and tap on Give feedback. Or, feel free to leave a comment below.

Leaving the beta program

iOS

Go to the AGL app's information page in TestFlight and select Stop testing.

Android

Go to the Access Beta page and select Leave program.

Terms and Conditions

By participating in the app beta program and providing feedback, you grant to AGL a royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use and incorporate into its products and services any general suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback provided by you for any purpose.

You acknowledge that the beta versions of our apps are early pre-release versions and may contain bugs, errors or inaccuracies, and may not be available at all times.  The installation and use of a beta version of our apps is done at your own risk.  The AGL online services terms apply to your use of the AGL app and the beta program: https://www.agl.com.au/terms-conditions/online-services.

4 REPLIES 4
dreamsheep1996
Switched-on
0 Replies 21176 Views

Good and easy to use new app very satisfied with the new changes 

RodrigoNikolof
Switched-on
1 Reply 21174 Views

Hey 

Firstly, I think it's helpful to have see how much I have spent on gas and electricity on the Overview tab. The bill projection is a helpful feature too. 

I'd love to have a feature to compare X month with the same month in previous years. 

Bills tab is helpful to see older and current bills. 

I'd like to easily find information about my current plans and what I'm actually paying for. I can see an overview of all plans in the Help tab but nothing specific to me. 

Why is the support option in the Account tab and not in the Help tab? I feel it wouldn't be the first place I'd look for it. 

All in all, it's a helpful tool to have but could have more information relevant to my own accounts. 

Hatha
Switched-on
0 Replies 15433 Views

I want to go to pay online but I cann´t pay online

platypus
Switched-on
0 Replies 8090 Views

From my perspective, I have PV and batteries. I have heard from my installer, that Origin has a 2KWh/ day battery energy buy at $1/KWh. They also should have software/firmware to regulate that energy push to grid at appropriate times.

However on contacting Origin they knew nothing about this.

Amber has a wholesale portal. I have tried that and found its abyssmal. During peak sun the feed often returns a negative wholesale price meaning you are paying the grid to take your energy.

Even with Ambers Smartshift firmware you avoid paying but you avoid it by the system locking your energy out from going to the grid.

Whether that also means your PV energy is unuseable on site isnt yet unknown.

But either way you still get nothing ( no money) for your PV.

The only way to win is to export battery energy when the wholesale price rises.

High spikes do happen but not for long - for about 30minutes.

Its clear that AGL should devise a similar approach to help the energy revolution for its customers else it stands to fall behind the trend.

Having all that spare battery energy locked up with nowhere to go is wasteful. If Amber and Origin are doing it, then AGL should also get into it.

Hopefully it will perform better.

In my experience, the battery management is a VPP or Virtual Power Plant and is setup on the cloud usually managed by your installer.

I have that for both my systems ( which are integrated on one app so can toggle between each) and on the mobile app but only the PC program can be used to configure the VPP with an NMI. The installer configured my VPP along with help from Sungrow.

Its important that the VPP is fully configured meaning it must have your property NMI number.

This will be used to identify your property and hence hybrid/battery system ( VPP). 

AGL can then configure your firmware control and app for exporting your battery energy, as much as is safe to export leaving you adequate reserve which depends on climate/recharge capacity the next day.

In short, AGL must be fully prepared, as above, BEFORE committing a customer to this project.