Outgoing SMS - message send failure

sunraina
Conductor
4 Replies 12232 Views

Hi, I recently moved from Optus to AGL and since the day my service started my outgoing SMS messages started failing. Is anyone else having the same issue ? I’m using an iPhone 13, tried the sim in another phone and had the same issue, however the SMS service on the 2 other mobile plans I got for my family from AGL is working fine. 

I was told that there is maintenance work optus is conducting so ‘some’ services will be affected, but their maintenance window is now over and I’m still experiencing the issue. 

Appreciate any help in this . Thanks! 

22 REPLIES 22
Tessa
Switched-on
0 Replies 9176 Views

I have the same problem. Anyone can help? Thank you. 

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 9126 Views

Hi @Tessa, @sunraina. Sorry you ran into these issues with your SMS connectivity. Are they still ongoing?

Tessa
Switched-on
1 Reply 9125 Views

Yes, it still is, David. Restart many times but not fixed yet. Please suggest the solution, thank you. 

sunraina
Conductor
1 Reply 9123 Views

Hi. 

Yes , I’m still experiencing the issue. Outgoing sms continue to fail. 

Tara_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 9109 Views

Hi Tessa and Sunraina,

We are so sorry to hear that this did not resolve your outgoing SMS issues. To get this resolved for you, we will need to check the network settings of your services. We ask that you please Contact us so that we can go into more in-depth troubleshooting with you to get you on the right track with your services

We look forward to hearing from you

sunraina
Conductor
4 Replies 9099 Views

The issue is now resolved for me. Contacted customer support yesterday and they turned off and on the SMS service on their end and asked me to restart the phone in an hour. Outgoing Messages work fine now. Thanks !!  

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 9088 Views

Great to hear @sunraina! Sorry it took a while to get this sorted for you.

SMITH1960
Semiconductor
3 Replies 7932 Views

I joined AGL comm service yesterday and have the same problem.  I have been on old for over 40 mins - terrible service......

SMITH1960
Semiconductor
0 Replies 7931 Views

sorry, on hoold for over 40 mins