Text from Plus ES Meter modem change due to 3G being withdrawn

Darren_B
Switched-on
5 Replies 5922 Views

Hi, has anyone else received a text message from Plus ES stating they need to enter your property to change your meters modem. The reason given is being withdrawn in favour of 4G. Just wanted to check as there has been no correspondence from AGL and worried about scam texts.

12 REPLIES 12
-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 5109 Views

Hi Darren_B,

I can confirm this is a legitimate message from the meter provider. All meters are in the process of having this upgrade.

Thanks,

Jenna

MuhammadIqbal
Switched-on
1 Reply 5068 Views

It would be nice to have this communication through an email from AGL. Specially because most people don’t have any clue who PLUS Es is. Also they have a link in the SMS which looms similar ti the dodgy sms. I tried to confirm with AGL spam monitor team to check if it was a legit sms, they replied saying they couldn’t help with this!

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 5056 Views

Hi Muhammadlqbal, welcome to AGL Neighbourhood. 

Thank you for getting in touch and providing this feedback, we'll certainly pass it on to our metering teams.

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

-Demi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4934 Views

Hi Darren! 

PlusES are currently doing the rounds of updating the 4G within smart meters to ensure everything is communicating as it should. 

The SMS you have received is not spam, it is just a friendly notice they will be visiting to check the meter. 

~ Demi 

Scooper
Switched-on
0 Replies 4427 Views

I also think that this is poor communication from AGL . Have just received the text about the change so searched my emails for any prior communication about this. I see it is legitimate thanks to this chat. It’s a shame AGL didn’t take these complaints on board 8 months ago and send out an email or letter first. Wouldn’t have been hard.  There was no way I was clicking that link until I confirmed it was legitimate.  Surprising such a large company is willing to conduct itself in this way given all the scams around. 

herbos
Switched-on
1 Reply 4420 Views

I received no information from AGL regarding the upgrade, so when the Tech from

Plus . ES arrived to do the job I was at first very reluctant to allow him access to the meter box. After he provided some ID and a job card I gave him access. With all the issues that are going on with scams and theft currently  AGL need to rethink the process and provide its customers with some timely information.

_Mark_
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 4410 Views

Hi @herbos, welcome to the Neighbourhood! It's both surprising and frustrating to hear you didn't receive anything at all, we usually send out something to let our customers know what's going on. I'm not sure what happened there. Thanks very much for the feedback though! 

Regards,
Mark.

Anne_H
Switched-on
1 Reply 4352 Views

I have also just received a random text message with a bit.ly link. I usually delete messages like this one due to excess SPAM.

There has been no notification for this to be done and I have never heard of PLUS ES. AGL could have sent an email notification to say what to expect given the amount of scam text and emails. Security is paramount these days.

DaveHammer9
Switched-on
0 Replies 4338 Views

Yes, Ive received this message today.  I also thought it was spam, AGL has my email address so I dont know why theyve chosen to use my mobile number.  There doesnt seem to be a way to indicate a preferred method of communication.