Smart Meter Super Saving.

agl2782
Switched-on
2 Replies 292 Views

Hello,got smart meter installed on 14 July 2023.have saved nearly 70% on my electric hot water bill.

This is due to the fact that the smart meter only allows power to my studio immersion heater 2 days a week,Saturday and Sunday from about 5Am to 3pm.

The rest of the time I can only  have cold showers.

I have been having cold showers for the last 6 months because of this.

Despite numerous request to have problem rectified and it has not been 6 months yet,the issue has not been resolved.

How though full of an energy company to be so considerate in saving me money on needless hot showers.

I am no wondering when they will save me 100 % and cut off power totally for all week.

agl2782

2 REPLIES 2
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 269 Views

Can you define 'studio immersion heater' a little more ?

Is it just a normal electric hot water service with an element ?

Or a smaller version of those ?

I googled immersion heater, but don't think you have what comes up !

Also, "This is due to the fact that the smart meter only allows power to my studio immersion heater 2 days a week, Saturday and Sunday from about 5Am to 3pm."

You don't define where you are (all states seem to have their quirky tariffs / availability of options etc) but I am sure no plan / tariff would have such timing normally.

Hopefully an AGL rep here can take you up on a private message and sort this out.

I can't work out why you haven't gone to AGL via phone or website chat, it's really not too difficult to do.

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 266 Views

Hi @agl2782, thank you for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear you have gone so long without hot water, that sounds awful.
I'm going to reach out to you via private message so I can get some more details.
Kind regards,
Xander