NSW internet service degradation

ERA
Switched-on
1 Reply 334 Views

There are two routers in the southern phone / VOCUS network that are struggling. test show packet loss of around 50-60 % on address 172.31.20.6 and near a 100% on Vocus.net core router 49.255.7.185.

Hope the techs see this as closing the messaging interface is not helpful like talking to the hand and waiting until business hours is frustrating for us, and bad for ALG reputation.

4 REPLIES 4
Hannah_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 322 Views

Hi @ERA

I am sorry to hear about your issues. 

There was an NBN NSW outage due to degradation, this however, was resolved at 6:48am this morning, 29.02.2024, your issues should now be resolved, if it is ongoing please unplug your modem for 30 seconds then plug it back in, if the issues do continue, please get in touch with us by calling us on 13 12 45 or via our chat platform on our website or app. 

To view information about the outage, please visit: https://telcostatus.agl.com.au/. 

Kind Regards, Hannah! 

ERA
Switched-on
1 Reply 319 Views

Hi Hannah,

NBN provide layer 2 connectivity, ISP's provide layer 4 IP services. I can see the issue being deeper in the network than my router and its peer, so restarting my router will have little effect as proved by my restarts over the weekend.

AGL's speed test records 49ms of jitter, this should be 30 or less.

I tried Chat, but the virtual assistant ran out of ideas and now looking for a Human to take up the thread.

Hannah_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 312 Views

Hi @ERA 

In regard to this, please call our technical support team on 13 12 45, they will be the best team to help with these issues!

Kind Regards, 

Hannah 

RayrayT
Semiconductor
0 Replies 263 Views

Hi Hannah have YOU ever tried to call your support team? Give it a go one day from a normal customer perspective. It will be a very unpleasant surprise to you.