No longer able to download CSV data

DanF
Conductor
2 Replies 52434 Views

I used to be able to go into my usage and download my usage data in 30 minute intervals each time my meter was read. The AGL website would also graph the daily usage. But now it just shows quarterly usage with no ability to download the underlying granular usage data.

Can I get the functionality to download the data back? The new usage page is pretty useless.

35 REPLIES 35
DanF
Conductor
1 Reply 15847 Views

Are there any further updates to this? Its been nearly 3 months since my original post and nothing has progressed.

Maca99
Conductor
1 Reply 15840 Views

I have the same issue. No download icon.

Have just been advised of changes to our plan, and would like to gauge the future impact, by comparing to recent usage.

Certainly hope this isn't a conspiracy by AGL, to stop people being able to regularly monitor their usage, and make adjustments where they can, in order to reduce the $ impact.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
3 Replies 15831 Views

You'll only see the icon to download usage data if you have a smart meter. With a basic meter, you won't be able to access it.

If you do have a smart meter but are still unable to access the data, please let us know.

DanF
Conductor
1 Reply 15826 Views

As I have mentioned numerous times already, this data was previously available on the AGL website but now is not.

I have an interval meter but not a smart meter. However, I repeat, this data was previously available on the AGL website, so you do have this data available!

Are you saying that AGL have made a decision to no longer make the data available to customers who do not have a smart meter, despite previously having it made available? If that's the case I will move to a new provider who can provide the data.

gku
Semiconductor
0 Replies 15825 Views

@David_AGL 

I got the similar situation as DanF. I got an EM5100 meter and used to download usage data from AGL before July (as well as from EA in the past).

Why suddenly this feature is gone? Could AGL further investigate?

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 15825 Views

Hey @DanF , apologies for the confusion - I was replying to @Maca99, who may or may not have a smart meter. I'm aware you were able to download the data previously and I'm trying to determine what the problem is.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 15797 Views

Hi Jon,

There is something wrong with your page.

Looking at your graphic there is no current data (last entry for Feb 2018).

Can you download a Current Bill.

I am thinking that you have a new meter and that has not been linked to your account

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
suds
Semiconductor
1 Reply 15792 Views

Hi NielC,

yes I can download previous bills without any issues.

The Meter has been with us for about 3 years. We were part of the NSW Smart Meter trial.

I know I can't get usage data because a don't have a AGL Smart Meter but what I would like (and others) is access to the CSV file that was updated with the latest billing period data and available when the bill was due. Access stopped when AGL changed the website.

Hopefully AGL will find an answer soon.

Cheers

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 15789 Views

Hi,

Bit confused about your reply.

We were part of the NSW Smart Meter trial.

I know I can't get usage data because a don't have a AGL Smart Meter"

ALL Suppliers only keep data for 2 years.

I don't work for AGL and only look to help because I am an "old fart".

Will leave it it to AGL and you to resolve this.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 15744 Views

CSV usage data download is currently available for users with smart meters, and for users with interval meters we'll be adding this feature to the new usage page.

This means if you could previously download the data but now cannot, you likely have an interval meter and will be able to access the data again once the update is made.

If you don't have a smart or interval meter, you won't be able to download detailed usage data.

Sorry for the confusion and delay in resolving this issue.