AGL call centre staff rude hung up on me

DR
Switched-on
3 Replies 4226 Views

I just had a call from an AGL call centre staff member.  He was rude and when I questioned him asking for my name and date of birth he hung up in my ear!!!  I am not impressed.

5 REPLIES 5
Travong
Switched-on
1 Reply 4066 Views

Not a call center dingdong but they're literally not allowed to hang up on any potential money- they have strict rules typically and all calls are recorded in places that permit the recording- or at least potentially monitored- the boss could be listening at any time- some call centers are better than others, some do allow hangups if the abuse is bad enough, or transfers, but it's a rare place that does that.

Panda
Super Charger
0 Replies 4062 Views

I agree that an outbound sales contact centre are unlikely to hang up unless customer is abusive or feel the person who picked up the phone isn't the customer and is attempting fraud. I'd expect the AGL employee to advise they're ending the call, though.

Either way, DR should raise the feedback to AGL directly here.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 4043 Views

As @Travong pointed out, an AGL staff member simply hanging up under the circumstances you've described would be quite unusual (and rude!).

It's entirely possible the caller was a scammer posing as AGL, and they disconnected when you would not share your info. AGL are a popular target for this purpose as we have a large customer base. 

If you do have a complaint about an AGL staff member though, of course we want to hear about it, and it will be taken seriously. A good place for this would be the Complaints page.

Hayes68
Switched-on
1 Reply 3970 Views
Turns out the caller is CPM Asia Pacific...telemarketers whose biggest client ... Never had good experience with AGL staff over the phone, pushy and rude.

https://www.mybalancenow.today/

Panda
Super Charger
0 Replies 3965 Views

What caller? Are you talking about your own experience unrelated to OP?

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.