Request a smart meter

Shikades
Semiconductor
3 Replies 9900 Views

I got in contact with agl to get a smart meter installed but they told me i need to get a level 2 electrician out to fill in forms. I wouldn't know where to start!! What do i do? Surely it shouldn't b ed this hard to get a smart meter installed? Surely it's agl technicians job to do all this ?? 

7 REPLIES 7
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 9798 Views

Hi @Shikades 

Thanks for your question. That does sound odd. @jayden_AGL are you able to help out?

Shikades
Semiconductor
1 Reply 9792 Views

This was the email they sent me. : 

Hello Kelly.

Thank you for your email.Here is what you need to do inorder to process your request:

What do you need to do?

Please contact your Level 2 Electrician to lodge the request in SA portal and obtain the Rex Id#.Once, We receive the Rex Id# .We can proceed with your request.Also confirm if the smart meter exchange will apply to all meter connected onsite.

If you have any queries, please call us within 2 business days for clarification on 1800 680 430 between 8am-5.30 pm Monday to Friday or email AGLnewconns@agl.com.au.

Regards,

Angel Gellegani(A144814)

AGL New Connections

t: 1800 680 430
f: 1800 634 823

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 9775 Views

Hi Shikades,

Thank you for getting back to us!

To confirm - is there an electricity connection currently active at your property, or are you having a new one installed?

Kind regards,

Jayden

Shikades
Semiconductor
1 Reply 9774 Views

I be been living here since January so yes there is electricity here 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 9750 Views

Thanks Shikades.

Have you requested any other work be completed at the same time as your meter upgrade? For example, have you recently installed a solar system or upgraded your hot water unit?

Cheers,

Jayden

Shikades
Semiconductor
1 Reply 9748 Views

No. I am renting and do not have solar panels etc.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 9745 Views

Thanks Shikades!

I'll ask you to send my a quick private message with your AGL account number and address so that I can take a closer look at your account for you.

You can send me a private message by clicking on my username "jaydeny".

Kind regards,

Jayden