Energy Meters and Connections

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Answers on moving house, getting connected or using your electricity and gas meters

Gas meter noise?

Switched-on

Hi all,

for the past 3-4 weeks now my gas meter has been becoming more and more noisier.  The sound is like water constantly running.

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this before? It is now so noisy that I can hear it from upstairs inside the house.

Regards

Damian

14 REPLIES 14

Superconductor

Hi,

I am also experiencing a loud noise coming from the gas meter outside the house when gas is being used (meter is near the front of house but I can hear it from the back). I first asked AGL, they referred me to ask AusNet directly. I've been in contact with AusNet but they haven't responded for 2 weeks now. Is AGL able to raise a request to AusNet to have a technician check the gas meter?

Thank you.

Switched-on

Hi, I actually wrote the above post which appears to be from 'munly008' (not sure why I got logged into their account??).

Would appreciate a response to my query (text quoted again below for reference), thank you.

"Hi,

I am also experiencing a loud noise coming from the gas meter outside the house when gas is being used (meter is near the front of house but I can hear it from the back). I first asked AGL, they referred me to ask AusNet directly. I've been in contact with AusNet but they haven't responded for 2 weeks now. Is AGL able to raise a request to AusNet to have a technician check the gas meter?

Thank you."

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Susana , first of all, sorry for the trouble logging in. We're investigating this glitch.

If AusNet is your distributor, and it's been two weeks since you heard from them you may have better luck following up with them again directly. You're more than welcome to contact AGL customer service again, but I'm not sure of whether they have any path to escalate this directly to AusNet on your behalf.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.

Switched-on

Hi @David_AGL , 

The below screenshot shows the response I received from AusNet. They claim that I shall contact my retailer (which is AGL) for the meter noise issue. So can you please advise what I should do next?

Screenshot 2021-07-05 190746.png

I have also been reading other posts in the AGL community and it appears that other people who had similar issue were advised to contact AGL to raise a "Meter Damaged Operation Ordinary (MDO)" service order request with the relevant local gas distributor.

Whose advice is correct, and what is the next step?

Thank you.

AGL Community Manager

Hi @Susana can you please shoot me a private message (click my name) with your account details, and I'll help follow this up.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.