BOOST button, does it use available solar power before using PEAK power

tellmenolies
Conductor
1 Reply 16363 Views

I have a Atlas MK7A meter. If I use the boost button, does it use available solar power first before using electricity from the grid. Also, when a boost button is pressed, how long is it active for. Surely someone must know, you have meters in more than a million households. 

11 REPLIES 11
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
7 Replies 15644 Views

Hi tellmenolies,

Great question!

The answer to your question varies depending on your meter configuration and location. You can find out more information here: Green 'Boost' button on my EDMI Mk7A Smart Meter

Cheers,

Jayden

tellmenolies
Conductor
0 Replies 15643 Views

You did not answer my question. I asked a very simple one. It needs no reference to what the green boost button does. I asked, 'does it use available solar power before using peak power'.

Now kindly answer that simple question.

I am in South Australia. I have normal load and controlled load. They have nothing to do with the meter configuration. I have lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman as you refuse to answer the question. 

Read the question and answer it

tellmenolies
Conductor
1 Reply 15642 Views

It has nothing to do with my location or meter configuration. Why am I being charged for electricity when I use the boost button during the day when I am generating enough solar power to heat my hot water when the boost button is pressed. I have contacted the relevant TV stations, the Energy Minister and the Ombudsman. I am being charged for electricity when my solar system is generating it. I use 3,600 watt to heat my hot water system. My solar system supplies 5,000 watt. When I turn off every other thing in the house, and I now my solar system is generating enough to power my hot water system, I am being charged for the supply of power, at off peak at 11am in the morning. Why am I being charged off peak at 11am when I press the boost button. I should not be charged at all. I am generating enough power through solar. AGL is actually charging me for supply that is not being provided

tellmenolies
Conductor
0 Replies 15638 Views

It is not a great question. It is a simple question to answer. You did not answer it. You simply tried to patronise me. Now answer the simple question. 

When the boost button is pressed, does it use available solar power before power from the grid. It is a simple question. The answer has nothing to do with which State I am in. I am in SA. So answer the question. 

tellmenolies
Conductor
0 Replies 15614 Views

You have not answered the simple question. You sent me an email asking if I am happy with the answer you gave. The problem is, you never answered the question. Answer the question. I am in SA and have Controlled Load. Stop trying to lie. Just answer the simple question. It is a simple one, it is a relevant one and AGL know the answer, they do the billing. They just refuse to answer it. I am currently being billed by AGL if I use the boost button during the day when I am producing 5,000watt of energy. They bill me even when I am using my own solar. 

tellmenolies
Conductor
0 Replies 15580 Views

AGL lie. They refuse to answer the question. They rang me and said they would have an answer within 48 hours and would ring me back. That was 9 days ago. AGL just lie.They have set their meters to refuse to allow you to use off grid solar power to charge hot water. They will only allow you to always have to pay for heating hot water. They have set the system to always charge you even if you had 100 panels on your roof. AGL have manipulated the program to always charge you. Acct 82055518

tellmenolies
Conductor
0 Replies 15579 Views

AGL presented an answer in the forum to my question. Their answer was an outright deceitful like. Answer with relevance to SA. Go on AGL, answer with that in mind. You outright lied. In SA you have programmed the meters to not allow off grid power from 100 solar panels to heat my HWS. It is my solar power, my Hot water system and you have put in a program that makes a customer always have to pay for hot water to be heated even if they have 100 solar panels to heat it. I can be exporting 5,000watt but you will always charge me for hot water. You have set the program to not allow me to use my own solar power. Acct 82055518

tellmenolies
Conductor
2 Replies 15577 Views

I have lodged a complaint with  the ACCC. What AGL is doing is actually highly illegal. They have programmed the meters to even charge you for your own solar power if you try to use it for heating your own hot water. Market manipulation. Collusion. Forced purchasing. It actually breaks many Laws. ACCC can issue massive fines. AGL have written the software to charge you for your own solar power when you use it to heat your hot water system, in SA. Huge million dollar fines and possible jail sentences. What AGL are doing is highly illegal under Federal Competition Laws. 

eGeorge
Semiconductor
0 Replies 5820 Views

How did you go with the ACCC and Ombudsman on this issue? Are you now using your own solar power to boost your HWS or is it still drawing on off peak tariff? Interested and potentially facing similar issue with AGL.