Increase in electrical prices

Sax
Switched-on
2 Replies 1329 Views

Do you guys know any better energy providers we are home less and less however our bill keeps going up .

Since we went from quarterly to monthly less than 6 months ago we are being  charged doulbe the amount,

I will be looking at other energy providers.

4 REPLIES 4
Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 1307 Views

Hello @Sax, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. 

You can take a look at your plan to ensure it is best suited to your circumstances by heading to https://www.agl.com.au/get-connected/electricity-gas-plans. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie

goldmonkey
Conductor
1 Reply 1296 Views

I'm switching to Origin energy right now. I just wanted AGL to install a smart meter box but they have not been replying to my messages. I had a 9-hour wait time with their online system. 

I pick Origin because they have better fundamentals regarding their financial statements. I can't guarantee that Origin will give you a better deal, but given their financial performance, they have the ability to pass on their huge profits to customers (if they choose to do the right thing, which agl failed to do). 

Ideally, I would like a company like PetroChina because they are a very successful company and could easily undercut the Australian companies. Unfortunately the Aus companies get a monopoly at the moment and we are stuck with them. 

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1277 Views

Hello @goldmonkey, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. 

We apologise to hear the poor service you received from us has not met your expectations and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

If there is anything we can do to assist you with your account, please contact us. You can find how to contact us by heading to www.agl.com.au/contact-us

Kind Regards, 

Natalie

goldmonkey
Conductor
0 Replies 1271 Views

I'm now with Origin Energy. I will never use AGL again, for any service. 

Origin agreed to install a new smart meter. The cost is $150 at first, but may blow out if the old meter is in disrepair. I live in a town of only 1,000 and so much of the technology is old and in need of repair. 

Unfortunately, essential energy do all of the repairs in the country. So far to date they have refused to let me see the meter box. It is under lock and key. There is a metal box with the key inside and a padlock with the word 'electricity' on the outside. I suspect that essential energy are hiding something dodgy and are covering their tracks.