Very very high electricity bill

Maruf
Switched-on
1 Reply 1146 Views

Hello Community,

I am using the same electric appliance for the last 1.5 years and my electricity usage is moderate. However, the bill is skyrocketing for the last few months. I have attached a screenshot of my account. It shows I have used 210aud in the last 19 days. Although my usage pattern is the same as before.

Could you please inform me how to address this problem?

Regards

Maruf

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.11.47 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-22 at 11.20.37 am.png

3 REPLIES 3
Panda
Super Charger
1 Reply 1135 Views

Hey there,

I use AGL also, is it possible for you to share what your usage (not spending) was last year? 

Ideally you would compare July/Aug 21 to July/Aug 20 given electricity/gas change throughout the seasons in my experience. 

There's also a feature called bill rounding, so assuming nothing is wrong, it's worth exploring that in your account page on phone/desktop, so that your direct debit is roughly the same all year round (in my experience & usage) 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
Maruf
Switched-on
1 Reply 1127 Views

Here is the comparison between the two years. I am using the same electrical appliance.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.55.30 pm.png

Panda
Super Charger
0 Replies 1125 Views

Thanks for sharing that, I agree that 50kwh per day is high. My usage/cost is similar to your 2020 amounts both last year and now. 

If you've no reason to suspect higher usage, recommend you first check out the Unexpected High Bill link, and then contact AGL through phone 131 245 or the app (my preference) to get personalized support, they won't be able to look into your account through the forum. 

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.