Refund Cheque

jeny1208
Switched-on
2 Replies 1136 Views

I recently received a cheque for a refund of the credit I had for my account. I was surprised to see that the cheque was 117 dollars less than the amount requested. There was no explanation. Is it a fee or charge? I wasn't told there would be a charge and it seems quite a lot. 

5 REPLIES 5
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 1126 Views

@jeny1208,

you need to look at your billing on your account page

AGL will only pay you an amount that does not include your current billing amount.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
GaryG
Switched-on
1 Reply 102 Views

Negative, I was NEVER advised of a refund charge, what is this for? Are you not making enough profit as it is?

Please explain why the refund cheque was underpaid by $117 and for what exactly are you extorting this extra amount for?

If it is not a satisfactory answer you can be assured that I will be leaving AGL and going somewhere else that runs an honorable business. This is utterly disgusting.

gg

Xander-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 95 Views

Hi @GaryG  are you referring to the above post from 2021?
We don't charge refund fees, so I'm not sure what the original poster is referring to, but if you are having an issue securing a refund, please respond to the private message I will send you with you account details.

Kind regards,
Xander

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 89 Views

@GaryG 

Every year (well not a cheque this year) we get a cheque from AGL for excess credit from our account, we never got the full amount and they always left between $100 and $120.

This would be different if you were closing your account.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
Lester
Powerhouse
0 Replies 83 Views

Sometimes original and follow up posts are so vague about what they refer to.

Nowhere does it say what these (original or more recent) credits was supposedly for, and it's not in a solar section of the forum etc . . . but Neil's post above re a solar feed in (if correct) seems to be a possibility.

If so, and given Neil's experience for past feed in credits of his, I wonder why a credit refund for feed in yearly would have some of the amount held back ?

If paid out in full annually, one will either be in credit next bill too, or just get a small bill for winter etc.