Joint names on accounts

TonyM2
Conductor
1 Reply 2263 Views

Why is it that AGL is alone amongst energy providers in not allowing joint names on energy accounts. If other providers can do this why can't AGL?  It is offensive to our partners and joint owners that they are not included and is a hang over from the days when only (presumably the husband) was responsible for the household.  AGL needs to change and move with the times.  The response that it is a privacy issue is clearly incorrect as it is not a problem for other energy providers.

6 REPLIES 6
TonyM2
Conductor
1 Reply 2242 Views

Why no response from AGL?  How do I escalate this request as the decision to not allow joint names on accounts is clearly an administrative decision which could be changed should AGL choose to do so. Could you please post the names of the female AGL Board members so that I can make the request direct to them.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 2219 Views

Hi @TonyM2 ,

The requirement to have only a single account holder name has unfortunately been a longstanding one. As a point of escalation, I'd encourage you to use the Complaints address or feedback form here: https://www.agl.com.au/help-support/contact-us/complaints

TonyM2
Conductor
1 Reply 2214 Views

David,

seems that this information may not be correct as this response from Ryan Bower (responding on behalf of Christine Corbett) and received today:  "Can you please let me know if you would like your partner added as an authorised contact and/or if you would like their name added to the account".

It seems that AGL does require that one person is financially responsible for an account but the invoice can be addressed to joint names.  Which was all I (and I suspect others in the past) have requested.

regards

Tony Morrison

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 2203 Views

Hi @TonyM2,

Thanks for sharing. If that's the case, that will be a great improvement and I'll be very pleased to pass it on in future.

TonyM2
Conductor
0 Replies 2194 Views

David,

if you can send me a private link to respond  directly to you I can send you the full text of the response from Ryan Bower who was responding on behalf of Christine Corbett.

regards

Tony Morrison

TonyM2
Conductor
0 Replies 2159 Views

David, have been trying to send a response to the private link but it keeps bouncing back 

"he response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [community.agl.com.au 13.224.7.16: timed out] [community.agl.com.au 13.224.7.120: timed out] [community.agl.com.au 13.224.7.93: timed out] [community.agl.com.au 13.224.7.63: timed out]"

cheers

Tony M