Incorrect Meter reads

Lith
Semiconductor
5 Replies 38160 Views

Wondering if anyone else is having almost constant issues with gettinf a meter read read correctly? 

Now last quarter i was charged $1700 for a 3 month period, being as i live in a one bedroom aapartment by myself, there is no way i could have EVER used that much electricity.

I ended up having to get an electrician out to check my apartment for issues and it turns out the issue was that the meter read person had just misread the meter. So my bill went back down to around $300 and i thought that would be the end of my issues.

Apparently not, because now this quarter ive received a bill for $2300 and im so angry that this issue reappearing.

Its like AGL havent taught their employees how to read meters if they are managing to get it so very wrong each time! 

Just curious to know if anyone else is having similar problems with AGL because right now my trust in them is gone and ive been with them happily for 5 years until now

18 REPLIES 18
G_2019
Switched-on
2 Replies 33163 Views

YES! - I'm having the exact same issue.  I had to reach out to AGL multiple times, but they keep just sending me new bills without ever resolving the meter read issue!  Not only that, but last time I called the service representative extended my due date... but the next bill came with an overdue charge!  On the most recent call, the representative even noted that they can see the issue has been raised before.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Lith
Semiconductor
0 Replies 33161 Views

I agree it’s ridiculous that once i provided the correct meter reading, the issue with whoever is taking the readings to begin with wasnt resolved! I also had to call and keep getting the bill extended even though it was incorrect (i think there should be a halt on the bill if its in contention) and then, not even a sorry from AGL about the time, effort and money i had to put in to get an electrician out to help me!

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 33155 Views

Hi Lith,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here!

Unfortunately meters are misread once in a blue moon purely due to human error, however it's incredibly unlucky (and no doubt frustrating) that your meter has been misread in sequential instances. 

I'd like to take a closer look at this to ensure that we're not missing anything here, so please shoot me a private message if you find the time. 

G_2019 - You're very welcome to get in touch with me too if you require further assistance!

Kind regards,

Jayden

arenko
Switched-on
1 Reply 31370 Views

Interesting to read your experience. We recently received a bill for $916 for a 3 person household. Considering we don't use electric heaters through winter and have never paid more than $400/quarter we are also convinced that a mistake has been made. I've been told to submit a meter reading and hope that once this is done the matter is resolved. Crazy to think that this is a common occurrence.

Lith
Semiconductor
1 Reply 31368 Views

It must be more of an ongoing issue than agl care to admit. When in contact with agl the constantly told me the issue would be fixedbut i continued to recieve bills based off the incorrect metre reading, every month i was look at a $1000 bill! 

In the end i ended up having to change energy providers as agl would not see the mistake in their ways or help to resolve the issue 

arenko
Switched-on
0 Replies 31365 Views

I can imagine your frustration after repeated mistakes have been made. We are still in shock at having received our bill for $900+. Kudos to you for changing providers! I only hope that it resolves your situation and that the new provider does not use the same meter reader. Good luck!

Beau347
Switched-on
1 Reply 29467 Views

Seriously rude and useless customer service and dispute resolution so many people having problems with false and random estimated billing but no solution or anyway to address the problem without agl using bullying tactics or just hanging up on you mid call so over this company they are a disgrace and should be ashamed. 

mshirdashtzadeh
Switched-on
0 Replies 29371 Views

I got this problem and I am really upset with AGL. I prefer to change my provider. it cost money, time and your health. 

Law89
Switched-on
2 Replies 28466 Views

Hi Lith, 

I'm currently getting the same issue for the past 2 invoices, I have been getting the incorrect read out from the AGL technicians. The issue was that the technicians kept on reading the wrong meters as we have two of them installed, with one a smaller number and the other with a bigger range number. Thus if for instance the last read out was a small number then he switch the meter around obviously big number minus small number still a big number. 

I have been in contact with AGL through social media, email and call for the past few days and it has not been solved. This is getting quite frustrating, because it is an easy spotted mistake yet they kept on making the mistake over and over again. I have also highlighted where they made a mistake and they still could not understand. 

Please advise how about did you fix the problem for your case. 

Thanks