Inaccurate Meter Readings

BarryHamm
Switched-on
1 Reply 2666 Views

In November 2019 I received my electricity bill which showed closing meter reads of:
General Tariff - 26427 and

Solar - 33377.

In February 2020 I received another bill with the exact same closing meter reads. With 3 adults living in the house using air-conditioning etc no meter movement whatsoever is utterly unbelievable. Actual readings are 27990 and 37831. When I rang "customer care" the first time it was accepted that there was an error and that a new bill would be issued. Problem solved one would think.

However, later I received a text telling me that if I didn't pay the original but incorrect bill penalties would be applied so once again I called "customer care" the most unhelpful person who answered my call advised that zero meter movement was within normal parameters and I am required to pay the original bill.

All I want from AGL is an accurate bill that shows the electricity that I have imported from the grid and have exported to the grid. Current this seems to pose major difficulties

Sorry for the rant but I am finding this incredibly annoying.

1 REPLY 1
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 2659 Views

Hello BarryHamm, 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

When a reading is provided that shows that previous bills readings were too low, the system just sets up for an adjustment on the next invoice to avoid increasing the bill, however given that you also have solar this would affect the price of the bill so I do understand you wanting a new invoice. 

As you have already attempted to resolved this with our customer care team unsuccessfully, please send me a private message with your account information and I will help you get this resolved. 

Thanks 

Ellen