Unable to contact AGL about Bill query.

OhDearOhDear
Conductor
1 Reply 5939 Views

I have only recently joined AGL from Origin and believe me I'm beginning to wish I had stayed with Origin.

Here is my complaint.  

1) AGL have charged me $19.11 GST on a bill of $106.67  ( 10% of $106.67 is $10.67  NOT $19.11 )

2) I have tried on multiple occassion over x2 days to speak with someone at AGL.   I want to talk to a real live employee not an automated answering system.   

3)  Your 'Live Chat' link on the website is inoperative .

4)  Your telephone answering system allows the option to  ('press 1 and we'll send you an SMS to your mobile for a live chat" )    ....    It is completely inoperative and does nothing....30 minutes later and I'm still waiting for the SMS.

For these multiple failures to occur on AGL websites and telephone service is disgraceful.   I have lodged a complaint with ACCC.   Will a live employee from AGL please contact me to sort this matter out.

7 REPLIES 7
Ellen1
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5931 Views

Hi OhDearOhDear! 

Welcome to AGL Community! 

I am sorry to hear that we have left you disappointed after being with us for such a short time, I certainly want to help you get this sorted out. 

I will absolutley provide the feedback on our phone systems not sending the sms, that is a concern. 

For your GST concern, this is something I would like to help you get to the bottom of. The biggest cause of GST confusion is solar credits, this information may help. If you would like us to look at it specifically, given your difficulty contacting our agents previously, please send me a private messaging by selecting my name. 

Thank you 

Ellen

OhDearOhDear
Conductor
2 Replies 5919 Views

Ellen 1

Please refer to my bill NMI [removed].

Thank you for your email and I have read the suggested references you included thereto.

I note the "Special Meter Read Fee" of $38.80, listed under "Other Charges"  is reimbursed to me under 'Credits' .    I note your website states this fee is inapplicable if persons are simply changing providers (as is my case) and is intended to be charged only to AGL customers changing residence address.    If this fee should not have been charged to me, and you have attempted to re-imburse the fee to me in full under "Fee Waiver",  then why has the $38.80 been subjected to a 10% GST charge?

If your intention was to return the $38.80 as a 'Fee Waiver' then I should have been returned the monies in full with no GST deduction applied.  I have been charged $3.88 GST in error.   Your 'Direct Debit Amount' needs be amended to $121.90 to correct the mistake.

I look forward to your reply.

B.Edgecombe 10.10.20

-Nam-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 5892 Views

Hi OhDearOhDear! 

Please send us a private message so we can check this out for you, you can do this by selecting my name. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam-

OhDearOhDear
Conductor
1 Reply 5885 Views

NAM.

AGL have incorrectly charged  me GST on a 'FeeWaiver'.     If AGL believe they have right at law to do so then please advise why .......  otherwise please return the GST that you have erroneously applied to my bill.

My previous message provides the basis of my complaint.

Please do not ask me to repeat this complaint or suggest that I , " .... send us a private message so we can check this out for you, you can do this by selecting my name"   as  I am tired of needing to correspond via these e-mails .... for goodness sake get someone to phone me so this can be fixed.

B.Edgecombe  12.10.20

-Nam-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5867 Views

Hi OhDearOhDear! 

I'm absolutely more than happy to check how your bill and GST is calculated on your bill with you, in order for me to check this I'll need to see your bill. Please click on my name and then click on the "Send a message" button. 

Kind regards, 

-Nam- 

OhDearOhDear
Conductor
1 Reply 5851 Views

Please phone me ...AGL have my phone numbers.

OhDearOhDear
Conductor
0 Replies 5847 Views

I have never had the misfortune to deal with a more inept customer service orientated company as AGL.

Your website link to live chat is inoperative.

Your contact number never provides person to person telephone contact.

AGL are the most difficult company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

So frustrated at I at being unable to speak with anybody at your offices I have lodged an online complaint with the ACCC.

I will now lodge an online complaint with the Energy Ombudsman and after that I will compile and online complaint to the AER.

Please understand that my complaint could have been dealt with quickly and easily if you had provided an opportunity to speak with a live employee.  Your customer service is the worst I have ever experienced, from any company, period.   That you are an Australian company and choose to operate in such manner is an absolute disgrace. 

Shame on AGL for being so mediocre.