Tariff changed from 20C to 12C per KW ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Haz
Semiconductor
3 Replies 1732 Views

Why has AGL changed my payback from 20C per kw to 12C kw??????????

When I called them they said that they are having to change the Tariff because the government has changed the tax on tariff.. 

However, when I was talking to another company... THEY HAD HEARD NOTHING ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT CHANGING ANYTHING AT ALL..

I am so pissed.. what a **bleep** company to do that to a dedicated client. 

If anyone knows a good lawyer or another better company to go with for solar let me know.

Disappointed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Haz
Semiconductor
0 Replies 1730 Views

Also considering the Essential Services Victoria stated that 

= Our final decision is a minimum flat feed-in tariff of 5.2 cents

The minimum flat feed-in tariff for 2022-23 is 5.2 cents per kWh. This is 22 per cent lower than the rate for 2021–22. The time-varying feed-in tariffs are also mostly lower than for 2021–22. 

SO WHY AM I BEING CHARGED WAYYYYYYYY MORE? AGL YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO. 

brinny
Switched-on
0 Replies 1696 Views
Hi Haz. NOT SURE WHICH STATE YOU ARE IN - I AM IN QLD. iF U FIND A BETTER COMPANY TO GO TO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PLEASE!!
Matrix7
Switched-on
0 Replies 1682 Views

Had the same happen to me, was on 20c FiT until they decided it was time for me to get dumped from that plan onto a 5c FiT. Interestingly enough I have friends that are STILL on the 20c FiT so customer removal seems selective, perhaps having a contract term which I did not. 
Just had the yearly "Snapshot" which shows exactly why I went to Alinta with an 8c FiT - no limit on exported Kwh.
Snapshot showed an increase in daily cost from approx $0.40/day to $2.25/day while usage actually went down by 15%.
AGL will not always have the best deal and you have to actively shop around as non-contractual offerings may end at any time.