Insanely high "estimated" gas bill

Semiconductor
2 Replies 7138 Views

So it's happened again, after AGL said they'd fixed things so I wouldn't receive these insanely high estimated bills.

Nearly $613 for 90 days in a house with just 1 person.

Same period usage last year was less than half that so why would AGL estimate that I'd be using more than DOUBLE this year ?

5 REPLIES 5
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7134 Views

Hi Pepito,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

I understand that estimated meter readings can be frustrating. You can read more about these here: Why do I get estimated bills?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Switched-on
1 Reply 7101 Views

Capture.PNG

I feel your pain!
Attach is my JUL estimated Bill for Electricity which jumped up over 1000% ($800 for 1 month)
If it doesn't look right it's not right! Yet AGL just issue it out anyway and waste another month to investigate what's happening.

Conductor
1 Reply 3323 Views

Hi, @KennyT that is nothing compared to my bill here:

AGL-Customer_0-1608103361765.png

This is for just two adult and one baby living in an old 2 bedroom apartment but got charged 20x 5 people household.

Sending weekly photos of the meter reads to CustomerReads@agl.com.au does not help at all.

So, I wonder how did you end up escalating your case of the exorbitant gas bill charge?

Semiconductor
1 Reply 1061 Views

Hello - I was wondering how you approached this with AGL? I posted about a very similar issue (https://neighbourhood.agl.com.au/t5/Energy-Accounts-and-Billing/AGL-Overcharges-during-Covid19-Pande...) in Nov 2020. My issue is still ongoing and keep hitting dead ends in trying to collect data (which I am entitled too) to complete the appropriate review. Like yours, my issue is so glaringly obviously an error but AGL doesn't want to hear it. I am at my wits end; there is no transparency, even on things which we the customer are entitled too. I'm about two weeks away from calling Channel 9, Channel 7 and the ABC with my story. I'll be referring them to this 'Neighbourhood' to see the hundreds of members in the same or similar situations.

AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 1058 Views

Hi @USAwimLA ,

When you say the issue is ongoing, do you mean that there's an ongoing review of this underway by the Resolutions team? What dead ends have you been hitting?

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.