Not showing any solar feed in

Bencooper
Switched-on
2 Replies 3781 Views

Not showing any solar feed in on the AGL app just shows power usage. Just paid my monthly bill and it’s more than what’s expected. Don’t know why they can’t tell me where my solar feed is going. I’ve changed to AGL because I was having issues with previous provider. Might have to change again

10 REPLIES 10
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 3444 Views

@Bencooper 

Go and look at your meter and confirm that you are generating solar.

I presume you are also using an app to monitor your solar inverter?

If you are not generating solar check your circuit breaker for the solar system.

Also do a full shutdown of your solar system (instructions are normally given at your inverter). Then do a restart to restore the system.

Cheers Neil

If this solves your issue please click the solves button.

If you like a response please click the like button to show your appreciation

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 3439 Views

Hi @Bencooper,

Thanks for getting in touch! I can see that you were already advised on how to check if your system is generating Solar. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details so I can look into your bills for you.

Thanks,

-Olgi- 

steven853
Switched-on
1 Reply 3380 Views

Hi. This is also happening to me, I'm a new account holder.

confirms I'm on AGL Solar Savers plan and yes exporting to the grid.

thanks

-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 3376 Views

Hi @steven853,

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood! I'll need to look into your account to see if we're getting all the data from your meter. I'll send you a private message to grab your account details.

Thanks,

-Olgi-

Jasen96
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2908 Views

Hi. This is happening to me as well. Solar works ok. We had internet issues in the area for almost two weeks and that coincides with the apparent solar input to grid outage, plus I had to update my modem as well around the time as we suspected it was that (which it isn't). AGL app says I've had issues with solar which needs attention for 12 days. Solar was chugging away all that time. How can I fix this?

Natalie-AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 2886 Views

Hello @Jasen96, Thank you for getting in touch with us. 

We will need to check your account to make sure we are receiving the solar generation. 

I'll send you a private message so we can check the data. 

Kind Regards, 

Natalie

Jeff314
Switched-on
1 Reply 2835 Views

Hi. This is happening to me as well and solar works ok. I'm on Solar Savers plan since September 21 but can't see any solar feed in on the app.

Jasen96
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2828 Views

Check your internet connection, check that the unit has been connected to your wifi inverter app to make sure it's actually producing power, check your switch board meter to make sure it's going up on the feed-in (you will need to look up your meter model and how to read it). If all that's ok, contact AGL as they might need to do something about it or redirect you to the power supplier of your meter. Mine was fine but not reading on the AGL app, and I tried to reset everything but only when I contacted them did it "come back online" on the app. No real explanation given. Good luck. Jasen

Jeff314
Switched-on
1 Reply 2821 Views

Hi Jasen, I appreciate your help. I've verified everything and it looks fine. The ISolar app that came with the inverter confirms that the system is working properly. The problem is with the AGL app that doesn't display the solar data. I've reached out to AGL through the app, but they said that I need a smart meter to see the solar data. That doesn't make sense because I already had a smart meter installed before the solar installation (as required). So their answer is not helpful at all. 🙁