Solar stopped working - what now?

sabeygun
Conductor
1 Reply 5627 Views

My AGL installed solar system (2 years old) stopped working few days ago. It is still under warranty.

How do I contact AGL Solar Support Team? The calls to 1300 356 363 seems to end up with a person (tried twice) who is not part of the solar support team. This is despite me carefully selecting the correct options provided. Both calls ended with a response that we will get someone from the Solar support team to call you back. Still waiting for a call back. Is there a another number that I could use?  

9 REPLIES 9
sabeygun
Conductor
1 Reply 5618 Views

The Solis inverter is stuck in the initialisation phase with an error message indicating "ILeak-FAULT". Can anyone able to advise what could cause this?

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 5590 Views

@sabeygun 

Follow the instructions on your system and shut it down.

Wait 5 mins and restart it (again following the instructions).

If that fails read the supplied manual or look up the fault on the web.

This is a forum, asking for help is okay.

But remember the lord helps those that help themselves.

A quick look shows that you possibly have :

An I leak is a current leakage to ground. This can happen on the AC or DC side of the inverter circuit.

Many causes for this, if the restart does not fix this, contact the Solis dealer and ask for assistance.

Lets us know how you go.

You will not get a reply from AGL on this page, as this is a USER Forum.

Otherwise keep trying AGL number or send a message from your login page

Cheers

Neil

PS have you had a storm lately....

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
sabeygun
Conductor
2 Replies 5586 Views

Thanks Neil for your response. i have followed the instructions and restarted the inverter with no luck. iLeak-fault appear as an alarm during initialisation and stay stuck in the initialisation state. I have now managed to get some traction from AGL and awaiting technician visit. Will keep you updated. 

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 5583 Views

@sabeygun 

Thanks for keeping me informed.

Is this an install that AGL did for you?

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 5582 Views

Sorry @sabeygun ,

Knew it was a AGL install, but forgot (When you reply you can only see your last message).

Have you been in the storms that hit East Coast, or had unexpected weather in the last few weeks?

Cheers Neil

Cheers Neil

sabeygun
Conductor
0 Replies 5578 Views

yes

sabeygun
Conductor
1 Reply 5577 Views

there has been few days with heavy rain but no thunderstorms. do you think some water leak into the DC wire insulators is probably causing this?  Anyway will wait and see what the electrician says. 

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 5572 Views

@sabeygun 

Could theorise about lots of scenarios, but if AGL say they will look into it, lets see what happens.

Lets wait and see what happens after the investigation.

Neil

Cheers Neil

sabeygun
Conductor
0 Replies 5526 Views

the technician changed the inverter with a new one and it is all up and running again. it took him around 10mins to change the Solis inverter. It is Solis 4.6K 4G inverter compared to 2G one I had before. the technician said the new ones seems to be more reliable. i am glad it is all working again