solar edge app

bigbruce
Switched-on
2 Replies 20205 Views

my solaredge app has stopped monitoring on 23rd november, no data at all since then.

8 REPLIES 8
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 20199 Views

Hi,

Can you view the data on the Web.

Have you verified that you are actually generating any power from your panels.

A quick search on the web says that you should do a shut down of your system, wait five minutes, and then do a restart.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
bigbruce
Switched-on
1 Reply 20190 Views

everything is working, power in and power out is sowing on AGL site, just the app suddenly shut down and shows no activity at all.

I'll do the reboot and see what happens.

thanks !

ramesh
Conductor
1 Reply 19048 Views

so, was the issue resolved? I have the same concerns that my SolarEdge consumption, import and export monitoring may break if AGL installs Digital meter.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 19038 Views

Ramesh,

Remembering that I am not an AGL employee just a member of the community.

SolarEdge is a device that attempts to gather data from one or two sensors that are fitted by the installer at the time of your install.

I have been doing some analysis with another issue on these Community Pages with someone that uses SolarEdge who states that he is leaving AGL because the SolarEdge data PROVES that AGL is ripping him off.

After getting all of his data I think I have proved to him that the install did not capture his data correctly.

Still waiting to hear from him on this matter..

You need to understand that a digital meter may not be a Smart Meter.

Legally SolarEdge monitoring can only be installed between the meter and your Switchboard.

Changing your meter should not affect your SolarEdge system.

The benefit of having a Smart Meter is that you can validate the information supplied by your SolarEdge monitoring.

If this is a new install (of Solar Panels) you will need to have a meter that reads all of your power consumption as the older "analogue" meters cannot read export data.

In fact some of the older meters run "forward" on EXPORT to grid and actually charge you as IMPORT if not changed.

If you have been advised to change your Meter I would suggest you do so.

Hope this helps.

Also hope that you reply as we may get more of the same where people get their answer and don't reply.

Cheers

Neil

PS: No matter what your SolarEdge states, your billing is taken from your SUPPLIED ELECTRICITY METER. You can challenge the data, but if the Supplied Meter is correct you will have a hefty amount of money to pay for the checking.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
ramesh
Conductor
1 Reply 19017 Views

Hello Neil

Thanks for the response. I had also posted a query yesterday in the forum here with the subject AGL Digital Meter and my current Solar System Consumption, Export and Import Monitoring

I received a letter from AGL about the planned upgrade of my current Netmeter (Ausgrid supplied) with a digital meter in early July 2020. I am a bit concerned about this as I have seen negative comments about AGL's digital meters.

I have a SolarEdge inverter system with consumption monitoring,  export and import monitoring. This has been working well for the last two and half years. I am extremely concerned that the new digital meter installation by AGL will wreck this monitoring if the AGL nominated electrician screws up the SolarEDge side of things that monitors export, import and self consumption. If he does, I will land up paying the Solar installation company for fixing up AGL's mess and I want to avoid this.

Can people share their positive or negative experiences please?

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 19013 Views

Ramesh,

I have replied on your alternate post.

If the person that installed your SolarEdge did it correctly then it will all work.

AGL or their nominated installer it not responsible for a THIRD PARTY PRODUCT!

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil

BbalanceD
Switched-on
1 Reply 4894 Views

On the same topic

I changed my broadband supplier from Aussie Broadband to Spintel and the app stopped monitoring - also online.

I searched google and discovered instructions to update my wifi details for my inverter.

Even though I kept the same router and passwords I needed to let the system know it was a new connection.

NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 4875 Views

@BbalanceD

Thanks for giving the update on what you did to resolve your issues.

Cheers Neil