Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

new digital meters have internet connection?

Switched-on
sorry if repeat question, couldn't see a reference to this in the forums. do the new digital meters being installed for free for existing solar customers, come with a connection to internet? that is .via the customer's home? or the meter has its own mobile internet connection? does that also mean no more manual meter checking is required as it happens via the connection? thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Conductor

G'day @NeilC ,

That looks pretty comprehensive!

I have wired my inverter (json datasets) to MRTG (automagically charting every 5 min interval) ... and my next ideal step would be to get the 1/2 hourly data from AGL via an api to round out the view.  I could install independent monitoring that tracks supply to the grid but at the end of the day their meter is what counts so prefer avoid the spend.  Will have to wait and see what AGL provide.