Solar monitoring cost

Jeyferret
Semiconductor
1 Reply 26675 Views

Why is there a charge to monitor the Solar energy I use now I have solar panels, but when I was paying in full for power my monitoring was free? Seems like a sneaky way to claw back any tiny, lost profit to me. 

11 REPLIES 11
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 23817 Views

Hey Jeyferret,

Thanks for your post!

We offer two different of our Solar monitoring services known as 'Solar Command Check' and 'Solar Command'. 'Solar Command Check' is completely free of charge, however it does not offer as many features as 'Solar Command'. You can out more about both of these services here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Jeyferret
Semiconductor
1 Reply 23713 Views

Thank you  I was never informed of the free option in previous conversations but my question is not quite answered. The free app only tells if your system is working. It does not give you an idea of how much you can save. You must pay for that. But only with solar. With grid power the same service was free. Why is that? 

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 23710 Views

Hey Jeyferret,

Great question!

Solar Command provides you with far greater insight into your systems performance than any service we've offered for free previously.

Not only does it allow you to monitor your solar export, but it also provides you with figures detailing your production consumption and monitors weather patterns so that you know what to expect of your system.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Rupert
Conductor
0 Replies 23202 Views

I currently have accumulation (spinning) meters connected which are read by a contractor for a fee of about $40 per bill cycle.

I have just had a solar system installed but as yet have not had my energy provider contact me regarding the installation of a meter which will direct the solar power to my house and then any excess to the Grid. At this time the Fronius Solar Web app tells me that solar power is being directed to the grid.

I have already advised my supplier that I do not wish to have a Smart Meter installed and have received acknowledgement that my wishes will be honoured. It is Voluntary  to have it connected in NSW. 

I understand that an bi directional meter can be installed which will direct the solar power as indicated above. i.e. to the house first and then to the grid. I already have an app that tells me of the solar power being generated with "100%" being sent directly to the grid" and have a record of each days solar power output to the Grid. Until the new meter is installed, "Do I receive a credit for this solar power being directed to the Grid as I am still paying normal Grid prices?

Would appreciate any advice, Thanks..

dimastro
Semiconductor
1 Reply 22544 Views

How much does it cost for solar command?

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 22514 Views

Hi dimastro,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

We're no longer offering Solar Command as a product, however you may be eligible for 'Solar Command Check' which is a free service. You can find out more about this here: How do I sign up for Solar Command Check?

Kind regards,

Jayden

dimastro
Semiconductor
1 Reply 22513 Views

Thank you Jayden for your reply email. I have already signed up to the free Solar Command Check. 

However, I am disappointed that I cannot view daily which solar power (KWh)  I am generating and what I am putting back into the grid. I was able to do this with my previous supplier Origin.

is there a way I can access this information through AGL?

Kind regards

Di

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 22512 Views

Hi Di,

You sure can!

You simply need to log into your AGL My Account and then navigate to the 'Usage' tab at the top of your screen.

Kind regards,

Jayden

dimastro
Semiconductor
1 Reply 22510 Views

Thanks Jayden for your prompt reply.

I am presuming the usage tab shows me my net electricity usage but I won’t to know specifically the solar power generated. I am wanting to know how much I am putting back into the grid on any particular day or hour.

Thank you 

Di