Renewables and Energy Technology

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Wind turbines, solar panels, home battery storage - if it's discussion about renewable energy you're after, you'll find it here.

Smart meters

Powerhouse

In South Australia they are currently doing a rollout of Smart meters, it's not a SAPN initiave but an AGL one, funded by AGL, no cost to the consumer. It's looked after by ActiveStream so if your meter goes wrong ActiveStream automtically knows it and if needed, on line fixes it or pays us a visit. Why am I mentioning it, well, when you go to on line chat to say your meter is playing up your passed to the 'Resolutions Team' who absolutely have not got a clue about smart meters and believe they are looked after by SAPN, it's as if they are not trained or know anything about it, I did a little bit of research and actually talked to ActiveStream who were great to talk to and obviously knew all about it.

So, to my next point, mt AGLIQ, every one in my street I have talked to who is with AGL and got a smart meter on the same day are up and running and can view all the goodies on useage and stats etc., everyone except me, try chatting to AGL to get a reason why and I go from one department to another but at the end of the day they give me the same answer, wait and one day it will work for you.........great answer but not one I was seeking.......surely in this day and age some smart person can be really helpful and put on the AGL website a general screed which outlines how it all happens, it wqould save heaps of time of both parties to keep us up to date.

Second problem, I go to the website and go to my favourites and I'm no sooner there than I get that infernal pop up asking if I want to chat, and I'm forced to say no, every time, so I go to the chat and say..... Stop freezing my screen and forcing me to accept or reject the chat section, most of us are capable of seeing the chat request to the right of our screen so no need to keep forcing us to go through this ridiculous and time wasting procedure. Stop freezing my screen and forcing me to accept or reject the chat section, most of us are capable of seeing the chat request to the right of our screen so no need to keep forcing us to go through this ridiculous and time wasting procedure.

I get lots of apologies but no result.......surely it's not too much to extend me the courtesy of a button to say........NO MORE CHAT REQUESTS......is it asking too much?

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
10 REPLIES 10

Powerhouse

Not so Nathan, 

Today AGL took $55.57 from my credit card, as shown on my bank on line statement, the problem is, AGL did not send me any invoice, nor can I see it via your website billing, so I rang up and got put onto resolutions who looked up my account and could not see any reference for that amount nor any recent invoices for today, so, 'Tyson' suggested I ring back tomorrow, go through all the drama of ringing to perhaps get an answer as to why no invoice but a debit, so like a good little boy I will do that, one has to ask though, in this day and age of computerisation how can AGL billing bill me but have absolutely no reference as to what that $55.57 is about, and no it's got for gas, I am currently in credit with the gas side, so, can someone explain how your accounting systems can allow a debit with no invoice reference, not on your website billing and not seen by resolutions?????

I amd wondering when AGL are going to get it right, fix my account and fix MY IQ, does your IT really know what it is doing???

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.